Respected Contributor

Re: Question for Honora pearl owners on the color ""cherry""

gadget: cranberry is a good description.... like cranberry sauce. I think it's very wearable color.

Honored Contributor

Here's a problem I've noticed. I have all kinds of Honora pearls (i.e. necklaces, bracelets, earrings).

Over the years some have faded in color (even though they are in jewelry boxes lines). I've noticed the color of say one earring is slightly lighter than the other colors.

Drives me crazy. I don't know if others would notice it but when you have dozens of pairs of earrings (Honora) and they are maybe cherry or some of the other colors it is difficult to match them up.

That's my gripe about those earrings. I love Honora but I wish I could figure out the colors that came in pairs. I just put all of them together in the box.

Super Contributor

I have quite a bit of variance in the cherry pearls I have. Some are very cranberry in color, but others are more of a burgundy with a touch of brown (maroon), with varying shades in between. I haven't had any issues with fading of the color, but I do keep mine in jewelry boxes when they're not being worn, so that could help.

I see the most variance in the teal pearls I have, but I think the cherry ones are probably the next in line for the range of shades.

Contributor

They just showed Lisa a few minutes ago and I think they look more on the red side than burgandy. I have some from a few years back and I would say they are similiar to te color cherry. They did sell some sets in the last few years and the ones in those sets looked on the burgandy side to me. I think these new ones look like the older cherry and are much prettier.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't catch Lisa's preview but I'm watching now. Thanks for the additional responses. Hoping for a lustrous deep cranberry shade, not red.

Honored Contributor

I would say it's red, with a hint of pink in it.

Honored Contributor

And it's not too dark. I wore Honora pearls in this shade for my son's wedding. My dress color was called ""peony"" and these were the same color.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Really don't like the color on my screen. They don't look "cranberry" at all to me -- they look like tomato red or red with yellow/orange undertones.

Also, why were these $19.98 in the Insider as the TSV price but through the email and on air today, they've jumped to $24.98?

This is COLOR I'd hoped they'd be.

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Really don't like the color on my screen. They don't look "cranberry" at all to me -- they look like tomato red or red with yellow/orange undertones.

Also, why were these $19.98 in the Insider as the TSV price but through the email and on air today, they've jumped to $24.98?

Hi Sammycat, I don't know about the color, but there is a thread under TSV talk about the price increase. Enjoy your earrings.
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Tissyanne said:
On 11/20/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Hi Sammycat, I don't know about the color, but there is a thread under TSV talk about the price increase. Enjoy your earrings.

Hi Tissyanne...I'll go over and take a peek at that thread - thanks!