Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about ring sizing

On 12/25/2014 MarenSeattle said:

And thanks to the second wave of respondants!

I'm not sure if it's just because I've gained weight (and boy, have I) or if my knuckles have swollen with age (or whatever they do) that caused the size 6 DMQ rings to be too small. They both have the finished galleries and are band rings.

You bring up good points about smaller if it's open and especially with a heavy stone so it doesn't flop around. I'll go try on some of my similar rings and see how they fit my finger -- if it was me or the DMQ rings.

BlingQueen ~ I've been hankering for a jumbola emerald cut since about the mid-80's when I was a picture (posed) of Carole Lombard sporting a ring of about this size. I know what you mean about emerald cuts maybe looking like glass, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway to get over this obsession. :-)

~~UPDATE~~

I just went to look at it one last time before heading to bed and noticed it's on 5 Easy Pays. I swear it wasn't just moments ago (or I didn't notice). I took it as a sign that I was meant to get this as a Christmas present for myself -- and EP expires today, so... I got my "regular" size and we'll see how that goes. I'll report back.

I can't tell you how helpful you've all been! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas MarenSeattle! My favorite cut is also emerald cut. Enjoy your new ring and wear in the best of health. You chose wisely to keep your size. Her rings do run a bit large. Please post a review when you receive it.

Super Contributor

**UPDATE**

This arrived yesterday and first of all, you were all correct about the sizing (I knew I came to the right place. :-) It's a TAD snug on my right hand, a tad floppy on my left (I want it for my right hand). It's wearable, comfortable and it IS the right size -- so thank you!!!

And, I LOVE this ring! It's my first JR but like I've seen so many of you mention, it's well made, substantial, and really a step above many of the other DMQ rings I've gotten from Q these past few years.

And it's a honker! No way would I ever try to pass this off as real (if I had one this size it would be in the vault anyway!) It's "fun" but so pretty! The emerald cut is gorgeous, catches the light magically, and perfectly faceted.

So again, thanks for your guidance! I don't recall getting a ring recently where I haven't been dithering "should I keep it? do i really like it?". With this, the moment I opened it and tried it on -- YES! :-)

Frequent Contributor

Hi Maren Seattle, I am happy to hear that you love your new ring! Also glad that it was the right size for you! Wear it in the best of health and happiness!