Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@froggy   Yes.  That's the problem with JTV.  Very, very light chains. The 10K chains are only a little bit heavier.  But who wants 10K?  The rest of their collections are just more variations on Sterling Silver.  Some of the 14K pendants are OK.  I have a 14K Star of David from them.  It looks and feels solid.  So in a way, the choices there are limited if you don't care for Sterling Silver.  Even their diamonds are on silver.  Rarely on gold. The other thing I dislike was what happened to me last December.  They only use USPS from shipment to delivery.  And that can be weeks to months before you get it. They are a lot smaller outfit then QVC.  They can't afford to ship UPS even part of the time.

I have never had slow shipping, literally most of my orders ship the same day or next day.  I always receive my purchases in less than a week, even during Christmas.  

Respected Contributor

I remember JTV from way back.  Michele Lau (the QVC diamond expert) used to work for them after she left her other jewelry show when it closed down.  They were very into selling lots of loose stones and teaching people how to make their own jewelry.  At one time, they had a lot of very fine tanzanites and morganites before they became overly popular.  They also sold a lot of glass-fiiled rubies, which I cannot abide.

As a vendor, I think they are excellent for costume jewelry and silver pieces (neither of which I wear). They feature a ton of reasonably priced semi-precious stones in jewelry, and buying from them would be a good way to start or expand a gemstone collection.

I find the diamond quality shaky, and they never publish the clarity or color information on their website. Also, they sell gold which is mainly 10 karat, lightweight, and can be purchased much cheaper elsewhere.

So, sometimes I watch, but I rarely order.  However, I think they are reputable and offer a lot of variety.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with the other ladies; some pieces are junk and cheaply made. Other pieces are lovely, beautiful and well priced. They have a lot more selections than QVC and HSN put together. 

Honored Contributor

I certainly own my fair share of jewelry from JTV.  Most sterling from anywhere is rhodium plated as is white gold.  I have never had the rhodium plating wear off of anything, including rings I wear on a regular basis.  However, if that does happen, you can have it re-lated at a jeweler.  I actually had a yellow gold piece plated because I wasn't a yellow gold fan. 

I've had a few pieces that are clunkers but I've never had anything fall apart on me.  I will say they seem to have the best magnification cameras in the industry.  LOL 

The s/h is expensive unless you spend over $49.00 on-line in which case it is free.  Otherwise unless you score free s/h, it's $6.95 an item.  And they do not refund that on a return.

Shipping from them is unbelievably fast to me and returns seem to be processed very quickly too.  I can count on 1 hand the number of items I've had to return.           

Valued Contributor

I find their customer service is great.  If you are looking at what is cheap...then it is junk..For real gold. gems  they have good prices.

Trusted Contributor

You need to pick and choose wisely as you should with any jewelry vendor.  Their gold chains are way too thin and I would not purchase.  I do not think their diamonds to be or good quality either.  If you are into CZs bella luce is top rate especially the Charles winston collection for bella.  I have purchased some exquisite gemstone jewelry in gold which I just love.  You can learn a lot about gemstones from several of the hosts who are GIA certified.  They also put out a great multi volume book on gemstones.  It is expensive but the amount of information contained therein is priceless.  Their Artisan Collection of Bali is wonderful and I would have to say is my favorite collection.  Their customer service is second to none and the shipping is super fast.  My order is usually shipped the same day as I placed the order and I receive it 2 days later.  

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

You need to pick and choose wisely as you should with any jewelry vendor.  Their gold chains are way too thin and I would not purchase.  I do not think their diamonds to be or good quality either.  If you are into CZs bella luce is top rate especially the Charles winston collection for bella.  I have purchased some exquisite gemstone jewelry in gold which I just love.  You can learn a lot about gemstones from several of the hosts who are GIA certified.  They also put out a great multi volume book on gemstones.  It is expensive but the amount of information contained therein is priceless.  Their Artisan Collection of Bali is wonderful and I would have to say is my favorite collection.  Their customer service is second to none and the shipping is super fast.  My order is usually shipped the same day as I placed the order and I receive it 2 days later.  

Jenyl is on now with her Bali collection.  He pieces are lovely.  She has new pieces.You can tell the quality of her pieces just by looking at them.  Even her bangles are pieces of art.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I certainly own my fair share of jewelry from JTV.  Most sterling from anywhere is rhodium plated as is white gold.  I have never had the rhodium plating wear off of anything, including rings I wear on a regular basis.  However, if that does happen, you can have it re-lated at a jeweler.  I actually had a yellow gold piece plated because I wasn't a yellow gold fan. 

I've had a few pieces that are clunkers but I've never had anything fall apart on me.  I will say they seem to have the best magnification cameras in the industry.  LOL 

The s/h is expensive unless you spend over $49.00 on-line in which case it is free.  Otherwise unless you score free s/h, it's $6.95 an item.  And they do not refund that on a return.

Shipping from them is unbelievably fast to me and returns seem to be processed very quickly too.  I can count on 1 hand the number of items I've had to return.           

I ordered a Vanna K ring on Sunday it shipped yesterday and the ring was on clearance and free shipping.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair of 14k earrings last night and they've shipped. before buying i weighed my gold earrings and it seems they all hover in the 3-4 gram area. maybe they keep them lighter so they don't pull the piercing.

tried to use coupons from the coupon sites, $20 off. there were a bunch of coupon codes, plugged them in,  none worked. so i did a chat and was told that they don't do coupons ?!   only for new customers and that coupon iis only valid for their next purchase.

Honored Contributor

I have a few gold & silver pieces purchased from them many years ago. Nice quality & good value. I never had a problem so I never had to return anything. I haven’t purchased any costume jewelry from them.