Honored Contributor

Re: Question about JTV

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 

I've bought jewlery from them and have been pleased with my purchases ..... What I have purchased has been nothing really expensive---various earrings and some rings....I dont like blingy/blingy stuff, not a Bella Luce fan for example.

I bought a Aquamarine single stone ring set in sterling silver, and the gemstone was much better quality than a ring I bought from QVC and returned....

They have all price ranges --- some stuff is more "fashion jewelry," but they also offer higher priced quality items too.....Much better jewelry selection than QVC....JMHO

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I was looking through my jewelry boxes.  I have a lot of 'fashion jewelry".

But I used to buy very nice jewelry.  A lot of it was set in gold back when the cost of gold was ..... well...cheaper.

I stopped buying expensive jewelry because my taste .....(it kills me to say this)...but it kinda ...just kinda .... boarders on maybe a tiny bit loud and maybe tacky.

Ha!   Well, I'm only saying that because a few times I've told my granddaughters (who are 17 and 18) they can pick what they want.

They picked the smaller fake stuff I guess it's not as gaudy as what I used to buy.

My horror is that when I die they're going to think it is all 'fashion' jewelry.

I keep saying to my girls.  A lot of this stuff is real and set in 14K gold.  All of the colored stones are real...

Do any of you worry about that?    My daughters are not much into jewelry.  The oldest one knows really good jewelry (think little blue box).   She knew their catalogue so well she was asked if she'd like to work for them.

She picked a few pieces (maybe 2 or 3) mine aren't anywhere near Tiffany style.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their Bella Luce is beautiful, I love all my Bella pieces.  Also have one diamond ring from them set in 14K, stones very small, but sparkly.  If there is something you like, give them a try. 

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've bought Moissanite and Bella Luce from JTV and it's good. 

Oh and also strontium titanate. I call that 'poor-man's Moissanite'...lol!

@SilleeMee 

The Fabulite jewelry is pretty.

ShopLC had moissanite at great prices. 

Honored Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've bought Moissanite and Bella Luce from JTV and it's good. 

Oh and also strontium titanate. I call that 'poor-man's Moissanite'...lol!

@SilleeMee 

The Fabulite jewelry is pretty.

ShopLC had moissanite at great prices. 

@Reconnaissant 

Yes, I have a couple of Moissanite earrings I bought from SLC and they are very nice...not expensive either.

Regular Contributor
JTV had the FASTEST shipping out of any shopping channel and FREE shipping for orders OVER $49.00! Their return processing is FAST also even throughout this pandemic and holiday season. I like the Artisan of Bali line!
Honored Contributor

@froggy   Yes.  That's the problem with JTV.  Very, very light chains. The 10K chains are only a little bit heavier.  But who wants 10K?  The rest of their collections are just more variations on Sterling Silver.  Some of the 14K pendants are OK.  I have a 14K Star of David from them.  It looks and feels solid.  So in a way, the choices there are limited if you don't care for Sterling Silver.  Even their diamonds are on silver.  Rarely on gold. The other thing I dislike was what happened to me last December.  They only use USPS from shipment to delivery.  And that can be weeks to months before you get it. They are a lot smaller outfit then QVC.  They can't afford to ship UPS even part of the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@michmi wrote:

I've had all my JTV jewelry for years and have never had a rhodium-plated item wear off.

I have never had rhodium plated items wear off either.

On the internet they say anywhere from 6 months to a 15 years.  But it's not permanent.  The more you wear it, the faster it will wear away.  I can see rings going the fastest as you frequently wash your hands. Bracelets and necklaces will last longer.  Once off, you can get rhodium put back on by any jeweler.

I have one sterling silver ring my husband gave me.  And doesn' t have rhodium, but has never tarnished.  The reason is I never take it off.  Silver stays tarnish free by wearing it.  It rubs against you skin.  Thus keeping it from tarnishing.  But most people have more then one silver piece.  They put it them away, and it slowly turns. Each day you don't wear it, the faster it will tarnish.

Gold and platinum don't tarnish because they don't react to anything. Unlike silver, they're permanent.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I dont have a problem with 10K, price is right, gold is durable and it usually looks just like 14 K. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I dont have a problem with 10K, price is right, gold is durable and it usually looks just like 14 K. 

I love 10K. It is durable and I think the color is perfect.I would rather see 10K over silver.  18K over silver is too bright or soomething.  I have a 18K ring from Shoplc it is light and already has a small dent.  I  am rough with jewelry I guessSmiley Happy. so 10K is better for me