Honored Contributor

Have any of you ever bought jewelry from JTV?

I’ve never bought jewelry from them.  I’m curious what some of you think of this company.

Thanks ahead of time.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66. I think they sell a huge amount of junk.  The few pieces I've bought have all gone back.  I swore off even watching it as I hate to go to the post office.  I also find most of their hosts impossible to watch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I started buying from them several months ago, after I asked about them here on the forums. Smiley Happy  I've been very pleased with my purchases.  They have *very* good prices!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about JTV

[ Edited ]

I have bought several diamond rings from JTV and also a 3.5-carat diamond bracelet that was a great seller for them as they had to reorder a couple of times.  Also, diamond earrings (1.5 ct.) are gorgeous.  We are talking 10-12 years ago but all that has changed in the past few years.  The diamond quality and clarity are not as it once was; could be referred to rock salt quality now. They had a famous ring they were known for the GSK and I bought it back then.  It sold out years ago after many repeated restockings over and over and finally was discontinued. Now I see it has returned and they have it in platinum and also 14k gold.

I own a lot of their gemstone jewelry and it was very nice at that time especially the morganite pieces. 

After that, I started all of my jewelry buying from reputable dealers with excellent ratings on eBay.  Most of what I bought on Ebay is at deco diamond pieces in platinum with high-grade diamonds; one of a kind pieces. I found two art deco watches with the diamond bracelets attached and diamonds on the face in platinum too.  I got into buying 14k solid gold necklaces on eBay also that you cannot find anywhere else. Jewelry is my passion and hobby.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I’ve never bought jewelry from them.  I’m curious what some of you think of this company.

I added to my comment, Annabelle.

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I bought a necklace very similar to this about 2 years ago. It was from the Bella Luce collection. I wear it about 4 days a week and always get compliments. It looks the same today as the day I received it.

So my only experience has been good. I do have my eye on a few of their Try Us earrings...

JTV-BMC098A-1-medium.jpg

Valued Contributor

Hi @Annabellethecat66 

I hope Bill and Katie are being good.

JTV has a better selection of CZ pieces. Depends on what stones you’re looking for. Can be hit and miss.

ShopLC is another to consider also.

Respected Contributor

From what I've seen, they have everything from cheap and tacky, to fairly decent, to "hey, I really like that". I could say that about QVC as well. Everyone's taste is different, so what I might find hideous, someone else may think is the most beautiful thing they've ever seen.

The few purchases that I've made were done with the idea that they would be "travel" jewelry.  I have a pair of 2.4 carat total weight Moissanite studs set in 14K yellow gold that are absolutely stunning. I love them so much that I'll put them in and wear them for weeks at a time. The backs were flimsy, so I bought a pair of more substantial backs from Amazon for about $30.  I also bought a strontium titanate pendant set in 10K yellow gold that is lovely. I get tons of compliments on both of them. While I'd be upset if I lost them (because I love them), it wouldn't be the financial hit that loosing my real diamonds would be. 

I also ordered a morganite ring set in 14K rose gold, but I thought the stone was really too pale when I received it, so I returned it. It was well made, but I just didn't care for it. The return was no problem. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have several pieces of Bella.  Vannk K, her designs are lovely and well made.  I just received my first Charles winston Bella and it is lovely.  He does have big pieces but the ring I purchased is smaller very well made, unique design.  There are good and bad pieces on all channels.I always read the reviews before I purchase.  I am happy with my Bellas.  A lot of free shipping the last few days. I do want to try shoplc.  It takes me awhile to try new channels. Good luck on what you decideSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I found the channel a little over a year ago.  I've purchased a fair amount and have only returned a few items.  As with any shopping channel, you need to be wary of quality.   That said, I find that my purchases are of good quality.   They have beautiful gemstones.  More importantly,  the hosts are quite knowledgeable about the gemstones.  They will tell customers the origin, even the mine, where they come from.  They will also explain how the color variation changes the price.  They have some exquisite tanzanite pieces, including loose stones.

Morganite gradients vary from mine site to mine site.  I've learned that the best quality is known as Coe de Rosa.  That mine is now closed, but, the color of the stone is gorgeous.

One of my favorites is Russian Chrome Diopside.  The gorgeous, clean green is spectacular.   In fact, it's usually only mined about 10 weeks a year in Siberia.  In 2020 it wasn't mined at all.

I would say start with something that really catches your eye and decide for yourself.  They always have free shipping online on orders of $49.99.  Shipping is quite fast as is return processing.