Honored Contributor

Re: Quality of jewelry at JTV (Jewelry TV)???

Never purchased from then.  Too much 10K!  10K is creepy, crawly to wear.  Don't want it near my skin.   Either 10K or metal of the day over silver,  all day 24 hours a day.

Respected Contributor

I have bought  black spinel pieces at a very good price and they very pretty. I have one that is black spinel and bright peridot, they look great together, I think it was $34.99. I know their Bella Luce outsparkles Diamonique. However, their shipping is high but lots of times they will announce free shipping

Frequent Contributor

@wakefield64 if you see something you like and you order over $49, there is always free shipping if you buy thru their website. Somedays they eliminate the minimum purchase. 

Just FYI.

Occasional Contributor

I know, old, but recently been buying from them... I have bought maybe 30 pieces from them. Only had to send back one item. Whereas QVC I've sent back many. Also, JTV ships faster it seems, as I'm from Hawaii, and QVC always has restrictions sending jewelry here, JTV none. And, JTV has always been free shipping since I started buying.
Super Contributor

i recently purchased two natural ruby rings at jtv. one was a pear shape. the stone was fine. the band too brassy. looked all wrong next to 14kt gold. the second one i purchased had the look of an evil eye. the inclusions and striations were so bad, i couldn't bear to look at it in the daylight. sent both of these pieces back. and have ordered a 3rd ring to see if they get this right. so we'll have to wait and see what happens. i will tell you it is not easy to cancel an order with them. i was told, once you ordered, its on the way and they can't stop it. so that means the postage will be automatically deducted from the total when you send it back even though you tried to cancel at the get-go. frustrating to be sure. 

Super Contributor

I only have a set of Black Spinel jewelry. The are a little expensive for my budget. Maybe I will buy their loose  gems.

Frequent Contributor

I bought some very large carat weight diamond rings that I just love!  That was a few years ago when they had the " no interest no payment for 6 mos with the JTV card.

All in 14kt heavy gold. Unfortunately they no longer offer that, and the biggest deal breaker for me is now I have to pay tax!   Taxes on a multi thousand dollar purchase adds up quickly so if I do buy anything from them it's usually Bella or silver which are both very nice. Very fast shipping 

Contributor

Made quite a few purchases from JTV and only sent one bracelet back.  It was a very beautiful opal triplet bracelet - but had a faulty safety clasp.  Would have exchanged it for another, but after seeing it in person, the opals were just too delicate for my lifestyle - even for dress up stuff (which isn't much these days!).  But it was a real beauty.

and all the other pieces I've gotten were very nice.  My favorites are the larimar - good selection and the peices I've received are beautiful in color and workmanship.

I agree with the post about reading the reviews - but I do that with ANY online shopping.

A really fun thing is going the the Gemstore - which is JTV's jewelry store in Knoxville.  I live two to three  hours away and talked my husband into a day trip to Knoxville with a stop at the Gemstore.  It was so fun!!!   

There were not many people in there that day and the salesperson was so nice and showed me anything and everything I wanted to see.  They have a huge selection and a lot of pieces I had seen on TV.  Was a real treat to see them in person and see the quality up close.  They had collections that were thousands of dollars as well as very low priced items and clearance.  It was really fun to see the difference side by side of the $100 black pearls, $500 black pearls and $10,000 tahitians.  Their pearls are really lovely.

I did buy two items that day - a pearl ring with abalone inlay on the sides and a small necklace

that's roman glass with a cross overlay.  They check the computer when you make your purchase so that you get the price that it is selling for at the time - if it's on sale, it's your lucky day.  So their prices are the same as if you were purchasing from television or the internet.

Anyway, I really like JTV.  They have really good sale prices (which is what I usually wait for).  Happy shopping.

Occasional Contributor

I have purchased four pieces of jewelry from JTV.  Three pieces were from their Bella Luce line; one was a black spinel ring.  They have a lot of good prices and their shipping is fast.  Every item I ordered was received in 3-5 calendar days.