Honored Contributor

Re: Quality of jewelry at JTV (Jewelry TV)???

[ Edited ]

Without free shipping, I find their s/h of $6.99 is nuts.

Friday night I saw a pair of bella hoop earrings I wanted. They were on sale for $19.99.  The s/h was $6.99.  I searched and searched and couldn't find a free s/h coupon anywhere.  Every code I found was expired or didn't work for any kind of discount.  I ended up not buying the earrings.

The next day I rec'd an e-mail about something being left in my cart.  It was the earrings but the price was up to $32.00.  today I rec'd another e-mail and the earrings are now a little over $40.00.  So I guess they really were on sale.  LOL

I have no regrets about not buying them.  It's not like I needed them and I still think that s/h was ridiculous.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their 14 gold pieces are few and far between.  I do not care for the 10 k gold at all.  Back about 5 years ago they carried nice 14 K with diamonds and gemstones.  That is when I bought 6 diamond rings from them.  I do not shop with them anymore as the quality of the diamonds and gold weight and purity  has gone down tremendously. Once in a great while they will get a diamond in that has nice diamonds in 14 K gold but not often.

The last ring I bought was a solid platium wtih 1.5 carat solitaire diamond that is G and S1 quality and with diamonds that stair step around the stone.  It is an old European cut diamond from the deco period.  It came from an antique shop in New York.  My jeweler said it was worth $20,000 and that was several years ago. I wear it every time I go out along with several other diamond rings.

Trusted Contributor

I own some of the Lisa Mason "Love More" pieces, but JTV just recently discontinued her line, or maybe she stopped designing the line since her husband sadly passed on.
I shop JTV, ShopHQ, HSN and The Q, almost always online, and I have to say JTV has an OUTSTANDING website. They have comprehensive information on most everything I've browsed, including which stones have been heat-treated and which are natural, something not every shopping channel reveals.
They give gram weights, carat weights, exact widths, country of origin, customer reviews AND best of all...the website allows the most accurate visual measurements I have ever seen, including a mini virtual ruler and comparing the jewelry to a photo of a dime. (Their model photos are not good...usually just a pic of the jewelry super-imposed over a model's hand.)
But, if you browse for a particular item, such as sterling silver hoop earrings, the site allows you to compare the size of the earring you are currently browsing to the previous earrings you just looked at, allowing you to really make an accurate decision based on size.
Also, most of the items have full 360-degree video clips of the jewelry, which also helps in your buying decision.
Website wise, JTV is really impressive to me. I can only speak to the quality of the Lisa Mason pieces, which I love and were well-made. Hope this helps!
Honored Contributor

I've shopped with JTV for years and have gotten a few poorly made pieces that I sent back but most of my purchases have been very nice and good color and quality--just got a pair of big amy earrings in beautiful settings and the findking were really good too. Been a a spree ---got black spinel hoops with charms and also, hoops with green diopside that are spectacular--have many pearls too that I love----

Respected Contributor

I just checked their website. I see some 14k bracelets but no gram weight. I don’t buy gold if I can’t calculate price per gram.  Guess it’s a No for me. ☹️

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli if you scroll down and click on "jewelry attributes" it shows the gram weight.

I hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

@theloungeboy wrote:

@Kalli if you scroll down and click on "jewelry attributes" it shows the gram weight.

I hope that helps.

Yes this is correct.  I just picked one at random and it states 6.9 grams.  They are really good at giving information on their pieces.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@theloungeboy @sunshine 919 , thanks! Will give it another look! 😊

Respected Contributor

I recently ordered several things from this company and I am totally impressed with the quality. The shipping is FAST.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there is some very good quality stuff from JTV---money is the key--you want to pay several hundreds/thousands on that station, I think you can buy good stuff. I do not spend that much, not even close,  and altho there have been a few "dogs" that I have returned , for the most part, I am very happy with my purchases. been buying pearls the last few years that are gorgeous--not the high priced ones but when they are on sale with free shipping, I do--just got a single white pearl of a good size on a strand of teeny, multi colors, faceted tourmaline beads that is so sparkly and pretty----got some black spinel hoops and also gorgeous Brazilian amy earrings too. Huge stones in a soft purple color. also scored some Zambian emerald hoops years ago that are truly emerald green and not that awful washed out, cloudy color. Suits me fine. I aspire to own golden south sea pearls--but that is just a dreamWoman Wink. and another thing--JTV ships FAST, and returns are  super fast. CS is pretty good too.