Super Contributor

Quality of Michael Valitutti rings

i've been looking for a mandarin garnet or spessertite ring and recently discovered one on overstock. It's michael valitutti and I know him from recently watching Evine live. Seems most like his jewelry. I know most of his stuff is ornate and bold which is not my style but I saw this ring on overstock and sort of fell in love. It doesn't seem extremely large, it has an 8x6 oval stone surrounded by diamonds. It's in 14 k and the price was under $400 on sale. I thought that was a good deal considering its gold diamonds and spessertite. I realize I can send it back but can anyone tell me about the quality of his pieces and whether you think I got a good deal? I've been looking at this ring for weeks and yesterday i couldn't find it and my heart was broken, today there it was in my size so I just took the plunge!
Valued Contributor

Re: Quality of Michael Valitutti rings

The 14k settings from years ago are usually substantial, even in smaller pieces. I have many rings from that era and wear them often. We have 3 January men in our family and each wears a Michael 14k spessertite band ring. The stone quality should be very good.

Esteemed Contributor

I have several pieces of his that I bought quite a few years ago. My purchases were always high quality pieces. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I can't comment as to pricing as I haven't made any recent purchases. I am sure you will be pleased. Enjoy your new piece! LM

Trusted Contributor

I only own his Palladium over sterling rings, but both the stones and settings are top quality. If you watch his presentations, he seems to genuinely care about producing top quality products.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any of his gold rings, but do have the palladium over sterling. His jewelry is great, very well made.

Super Contributor

Thanks all! Ive been wanting a spessertite or mandarin garnet forever. I'm very excited to get it!
Respected Contributor

It should be good quality but if return policy is there you are safe. Enjoy!
Regular Contributor

I have a ring of his in the palladium over silver and love his workmanship and his quality. A lot of times his rings are on sale with value pays to boot. I would buy from him again. Love his designs and his knowledge of his trade.

Super Contributor

Enjoy your ring! I don't think you'll be disappointed! I have so many of his silver/palladium rings and other types of jewelry from him and my return rate for his products is very low. I am extremely happy with his stuff!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

The price sounds great! I haven't been so lucky on overstock.

Can you post a picture?