Honored Contributor

Re: QVC selling Moissanite now

@SilleeMee.  The stones set in silver are the lesser quality stones.  I don't think any shopping channel has offered top of the line stones.  They become very expensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I got the three stone ring. I was hoping for a moissanite show but I guess none of it aired? It’s my first piece of moissanite so I suppose I won’t know the difference. I hope it looks better than diamonique. I figure QVC is a great way to try it. If I don’t like it I’ll send it back. 

Super Contributor

I'm glad this was posted because I have the same qyestion, what is the color and clarity?

Please QVC, in the description can you give us more details? It would be easy to let us know if your Moissanite pieces are F, G, H color and if they're VS, SI, or I in clarity. People are going to pass these pieces up if they don't know what they're getting. I would also like to know if the pieces are Charles and Colvard. I kind of doubt it because I think that would be in the description. It would be a disappointment to get a piece that wasn't good quality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps they are dabbling in moissanite now.  That's good.  However, they need to tell us the grade.  There are several grades and most are excellent.  

Some people say moissanite can have a yellowish or greenish tint.  None of mine does.  But I want to know the grade of moissanite before I buy it because the only the cheapest grade is where you can run into cut, sparkle, and color issues.  For example, JTV sells a lower grade than Evine.  Evine will tell you the grade.  Moissanite set in silver is usually a lower grade than what is set in gold.

I prefer moissanite over diamonds and CZ.  I have several pieces, some going back 15-18 years, and they are still as gorgeous as the day I received them.

Valued Contributor

@Remar wrote:

I'm glad this was posted because I have the same qyestion, what is the color and clarity?

Please QVC, in the description can you give us more details? It would be easy to let us know if your Moissanite pieces are F, G, H color and if they're VS, SI, or I in clarity. People are going to pass these pieces up if they don't know what they're getting. I would also like to know if the pieces are Charles and Colvard. I kind of doubt it because I think that would be in the description. It would be a disappointment to get a piece that wasn't good quality.

Correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know very much about Moissanite but isn’t Charles and Colvard made in the USA? I noticed on the moissanite pieces they all say imported so I’m thinking it’s probably not that brand, if that is the case. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of 'Moissanite Fire' studs set in gold from JTV not too long ago and those were my very first pieces of Moissanite. They sure are sparkly and I would not hesitate to buy more of that from JTV. I think they have a very good selection and their prices are very good, too.

Respected Contributor

The Charles & Colvard patent expired a few years ago, so now there are other manufacturers and the prices have come down.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a 2 carat past, present and future  3 stone ring. Very believable. I pair it with 2 1 carat diamond bands I purchased from Zales. I am always getting compliments on it.  I also have a pair of 1.50 tw carat studs. Love them. All are set in white gold. No one knows they're not real but me. The ring was around $800 and the earrings maybe 500. I have had them for several years. The Evine channel has some beautiful stuff. The other channel with the Winston fellow - not impressed with their stuff at all. 

You won't regret buying it. It's beautiful!!  Diaminque doesn't hold a candle to this product!! 

Super Contributor

My husband and I had been looking for a Forever Us ring. The ring that has 2 stones. We bought a real diamond one from Ebay. It was awful! The person lied and said it was G color and VS clarity. It was so cloudy and yellow. Of course we sent it back. We thought about giving Moissanite a try so I looked on JTV and they were having a big sale. We found the exact ring we had been looking for in Moissanite. The description said, F color, VS claity 2.16 cts. When we got our ring we were shocked at how beautiful it was. I compared it to a couple of my best diamonds and you couldn't tell the difference. I wanted gold and not silver but this ring was only available in silver. I've worn it almost every day for months with a white gold diamond curved  band I already had and I swear it looks just like the $10,000 rings we saw at a couple of jewelry stores that were set in gold and real diamonds.I think the price is so high on the particular ring I wanted because each stone is one Ct., plus the side stones.

This ring is from Charles and Colvard and it's their Moissanite Fire collection.

The stones do not look like CZ's. They look just like diamonds. Maybe we lucked out and got a really good one. This ring did get great reviews.

QVC needs to give us a description because it's important to know what we're buying. Just like diamonds there's high quality Moissanite and less quality where the stones can look yellow and cloudy.

I think many of us will wait until they post a description or people give reviews before we buy anything. I know I will.

Valued Contributor

@Remar wrote:

My husband and I had been looking for a Forever Us ring. The ring that has 2 stones. We bought a real diamond one from Ebay. It was awful! The person lied and said it was G color and VS clarity. It was so cloudy and yellow. Of course we sent it back. We thought about giving Moissanite a try so I looked on JTV and they were having a big sale. We found the exact ring we had been looking for in Moissanite. The description said, F color, VS claity 2.16 cts. When we got our ring we were shocked at how beautiful it was. I compared it to a couple of my best diamonds and you couldn't tell the difference. I wanted gold and not silver but this ring was only available in silver. I've worn it almost every day for months with a white gold diamond curved  band I already had and I swear it looks just like the $10,000 rings we saw at a couple of jewelry stores that were set in gold and real diamonds.I think the price is so high on the particular ring I wanted because each stone is one Ct., plus the side stones.

This ring is from Charles and Colvard and it's their Moissanite Fire collection.

The stones do not look like CZ's. They look just like diamonds. Maybe we lucked out and got a really good one. This ring did get great reviews.

QVC needs to give us a description because it's important to know what we're buying. Just like diamonds there's high quality Moissanite and less quality where the stones can look yellow and cloudy.

I think many of us will wait until they post a description or people give reviews before we buy anything. I know I will.

Your ring sounds beatiful! 

I hope qvc brings us the best moissanite! They should say the grade. I am glad I took the chance though and didn’t wait for reviews. My ring went up $100 the next day!