Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC moved my post about a gift from Tiffany's how can I discuss it without getting deleted?

The occassion is our 31st wedding anniversary. Secondly, I am asking just for fun and to talk to other jewely lovers. It makes me wonder why I even post at all. Some of you are so nice and "in the spirit" of these boards others are just negative about everthing.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC moved my post about a gift from Tiffany's how can I discuss it without getting deleted?

Personally, I don't care for any of the "Return to Tiffany's" stuff.  That was the only one I was able to click on on your other thread.  I can't really see the other pendant in this thread because they are kind of small.  Can you make them any larger?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dperry, I hope you buy just what you like.  Have you seen either of them in person or even tried them on?  Sometimes this seem either bigger or smaller in photos.  BTW. Happy Anniversary Pearl Girl.

Respected Contributor

Dperry, my choice would be based on my preference, which, since I have a heartpshaped RTT pendant already, I'd go for the 1837 version, but if you have neither design in any item, my suggestion would be that you ask yourself this question; do you think of yourself as more of a romantic, or more of a classical person.  I view the 1837 collection as a more tailored, elegant line, and the RTT as more romantic and casual and fun.  That's just my take on your question. Since it's for your 31st anniversary, I'll offer my congratulations right now, Happy Anniversary!  

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover@Happy anniversary....I hope that you choose the one that made you the happiest as you did the day you picked your DH.You made a lasting choice then and I am sure you will make the best choice for your necklace.I can't see the pics well enough to comment so I am sorry if my answer disappoints you.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, Pearl Empress, Esmerelda! Miss you on the forums.

So, after looking at everything on Tiffany's website I have told my husband that the value for what you get from them is just not there for me. It's just about the blue box and the name and truth be told I am not a status person.

So, I decided to go to my "go to" for jewelry(other than pearls) that I buy from, Bluenile.com, and choose something from there. I will get a real value and something that I would really wear. Now I need to choose!

Respected Contributor

Dperry, I am glad you found a solution that fits better for your anniversary gift, I hope we get to find out what you choose!

Super Contributor

Congratulations on your anniversary! You're a lucky girl to have such a sweet husband. I like both of the necklaces. But, I would recommend going with something timeless and something you'll wear a lot. Both of these necklaces can be worn everyday. Or, they would look just as beautiful with a little black dress. I think it's fun to get others opinions too. The jewelry forum is kind of like a girlfriends club so why not ask opinions? Let us know what you decided on and enjoy your new piece of jewelry.

Super Contributor

I am sorry that you had such a hard time posting.  This board is a great place to get opinions and share information.  Every now and then you get a rude remark like you did, but I fine most people on the board friendly and helpful  I like both necklaces!  I hope you have a great anniversary. 

Respected Contributor

Dperry,   I guess I was surprised knowing how much you love pearls that Tiffany non pearl pendants caught your eye.

I hope you show us what you select, and again Happy Anniversary.