Honored Contributor

Re: QVC emeralds?

[ Edited ]

Another green stone you might consider is green apatite. The color is similar to Brazilian emeralds which are darker green than Colombian. Green apatite has more clarity than a recent emerald of its size and the cost is affordable. Apatite stones do have some inclusions ('le jardin') which make them look more like emeralds than chrome diopside which tends to be clear.

Green apatite  ECA010

JTV-ECA010-4-medium.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

My insurance provider is USAA; they have some jewelry/stones for sale and quality is excellent.  You do need to be a member.  Don't know where you live but some large cities (NYC, LA etc) have jewelry districts.

Trusted Contributor

I would recommend Borsheims. They have excellent quallity jewelry at many price points.  They will also list the msrp and their price.

Esteemed Contributor

I recommend JTV or Evine. I’ve ordered jewelry from both and have, on occasion, returned jewelry to both. I found the service excellent at both. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC emeralds?

[ Edited ]

The only emerald of any size I ever ordered from QVC went back. It was milky and with such inclusions it looked like an opaque gemstone. I knew I wasn't getting a museum quality piece for the price I paid, but I also didn't expect the quality I received. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@OKPrincess,

Thank you!  I called a local jewelry store and they do have emeralds.   Now, if I can just win the lottery!  We'll visit the store tomorrow.  We are regular customers, maybe they'll be willing to make a deal! 

It doesn’t hurt to explore your options since you have time. Someone just posted some beautiful ones from JTV. Good luck and you’re welcome. (Lottery is tonight and tomorrow night. Hurry and buy your ticket.)

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Another green stone you might consider is green apatite. The color is similar to Brazilian emeralds which are darker green than Colombian. Green apatite has more clarity than a recent emerald of its size and the cost is affordable. Apatite stones do have some inclusions ('le jardin') which make them look more like emeralds than chrome diopside which tends to be clear.

Green apatite  ECA010

JTV-ECA010-4-medium.jpg

That’s a beautiful green.

Honored Contributor

Check the Gems en Vogue collection at Evine.  At least they stand behind what they sell and you can always get it fixed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

For what it’s worth, good emeralds, rubies and sapphires are expensive. Inferior stones are less costly. If the prices you see online are significantly less than what you see in jewelry stores, etc., the quality is obviously not there. It’s my usual opinion, you get what you pay for.

If I’m purchasing a gemstone, I want to see it in person from a reputable dealer. I’d rather have a better, smaller stone than a more affordable one of poor quality.

Honored Contributor

I've been buying and collecting jewelry for years so I would buy emeralds from a shopping channel but I don't think you should.  You don't anything about emeralds and you've already been disappointed.  Go to jewerlry store and be sure to ask if the emeralds are created emeralds.  Many jewelry stores will not disclose that unless a customer specifically asks.