Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Moves Creede Silver Strike 2018 to October 4

@chrystaltree wrote:

Good grief, people.   It's not a  real holiday....lol   It's just a bunch of jewelry shows and the only tie is that's silver jewerly.  What difference could the date possibly make to anyone?  You know, you know in advance so you can plan.   I wonder how many of the complainers just watch for entertainent anyway and have no intentions of buying anything regardless of what date it's on.  

Doesn't matter to me a lick.  I am astounded that OP has kept track of those shows and that her calendar planning for the year is so detailed that she counts on October 2 as a silver day, prefereably 24 hours not 23 hours.   She's got the goods on you QVC; there is a new sheriff in town and October 4 is not good enough.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The day I am devastated over any programming on QVC being canceled is the day I step away from QVC for good. 

I've been devastated by a few things in my life but a program cancellation better never affect me that way.  

I honestly feel badly if watching CSS and BBSD are traditions you cherish the most.  Those don't come close to being in the top 100 of things I cherish.

I hope this is an overdramatic joke on us posters.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The day I am devastated over any programming on QVC being canceled is the day I step away from QVC for good. 

I've been devastated by a few things in my life but a program cancellation better never affect me that way.  

I honestly feel badly if watching CSS and BBSD are traditions you cherish the most.  Those don't come close to being in the top 100 of things I cherish.

THIS!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

THIS!!!!!!

I thought that might be the case initially.  But the third post had  detailed year by year data on the show.  This  included how in one of the later years, 2016 I think, when there was no show so she watched old show videos on that date.  Who has that kind of info archived in the first place?  It sounds like something Sheldon on BBT would do or say come to think of it.  I think it is too much detailed info for someone to be pulling our leg.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again.  What difference does it make what day they hold the sale?  The silver strike didn't just happen in one day or even at one location.  I've been to Creede fairly recently and it appears they're still doing some work around the mines.

Creed Colorado

Screenshot_20180827-172217.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I never understood why the CSS show is in October because historically silver was discovered in Creede in the month of December of 1891.

https://www.mininghistoryassociation.org/Creede.htm

In 1889, Nicholas Creede and his partners located the Holy Moses claim along narrow East Willow Creek northeast of Creede. His additional discovery of the Solomon claim in 1890 formed the King Solomon District.  

There was more than one discovery in that time period. Do you have a source for the December 1891 discovery? It sounds interesting and I would like to read about it. However, the more significant discovery is the Ocfober 2, 1889 discovery by Nicholas C. Creede.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wiki @banned again

Although the silver was discovered there in 1869, it was not mined for profit until the 'boom' in 1891.

I've lived in Colorado for fifty years and I am pretty familiar with it's history.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Wiki @banned again

Although the silver was discovered there in 1869, it was not mined for profit until the 'boom' in 1891.

Pardon me, I should have asked you if you had a reliable source. You don't.

Honored Contributor

Have a nice day @banned again

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I hope QVC is the one that is joking, otherwise they are just liars: QVC stated that every October 2 is Creede Silver Strike. Why is it a surprise that I am outraged and disapointed that my continued efforts have not gained results? I have posted on this forum to gain attention to this issue in 2016 and 2017, as well as QVC changing the date of their birthday from November 24 to June 13. How can one put trust in a company and do business in them when they are liars?