Honored Contributor

There are a few grade of moissanite.  If the description doesn't identify the grade, you know it has to be the lowest.  I bought a couple pieces of moissanite from JTV many years ago when they offered more in gold. The stones were loose and settings were not strong enough.  I can't wear silver so have no idea what their silver settings are like.  

Super Contributor

Twocents. I've bought two things from JTV. The 1 ct earrings for my Mom. They're beautiful. I did buy different backs because I didn't care for the ones they came with. The round disc backs work great for keeping your earrings from drooping.

I put them next to my diamond 1 ct earrings, which are very high quality, and you couldn't tell the difference. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones.

I also bought a "Forever Us" style ring and my husband and I love it. We had looked at some online that were 2 ct and found that the price could be well over $10,000 for the diamonds and gold version.I must have lucked out again because I compaired it to the same diamond ring and my ring looked just as nice. This style ring needs a curved band. I happened to have a curved diamond band and it works perfectly with my Moissanite ring. 

I didn't get any paper work either, which is strange. If you watch the shows Charles says that his pieces are guaranteed for a life time if one of the stones get chipped. I'm not sure what else it covers.

Not all Moissanite comes from Charles & Colvard. If you want to be sure you're getting the name brand I recommend JTV or the Charles & Colvard website. They're going to be higher than JTV but they have more jewelry, especially in real gold.

I really hope when your ring comes it's beautiful and you love it.

Respected Contributor

DEFINITELY buy your Moissanite on JTV.  The best quality and the best prices.

Super Contributor

Twocents. I forgot to mention this. I think JTV has loose Moissanite stones. If they do then you can order the size and shape of the stone you want and have it set in to a gold semi mount.

JTV gets a lot of good reviews on their moissanite pieces. I mentioned that I bought the 1 ct studs for my Mom. They look just like my 1 ct diamond studs. I've bought my Mom a few pieces of Diamonique, I think I spelled that wrong, from here and the studs from JTV so she can still wear pretty jewelry on vacations and leave her real pieces safely at home. And if she were to lose a CZ or Moissanite piece while on vacation it's not the end of the world.

Check out JTV to see when they'll be having their next Moissanite show. They seem to always have some pieces that they mark way down for the shows.

JTV and Charles and Colvard are the only places I would buy Moissanite jewelry from.Their stones are beautiful. Clear and white. 

QVC just isn't doing a good job with their pieces because they don't give the color, clarity or where they come from. If they don't start giving much better descriptions I think their pieces will go on clearance and people won't even bother to buy any of it.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC outside retail link