Super Contributor

I have put a white gold Moissanite ring on waitlist from QVC.  Has anyone who has ordered Moissanite from QVC know if it has any kind of lifetime warranty on the stones? Does it come with a certificate of authenticity?  What brand of Moissanite is it?  They do not give much detail in the item description...not even the approximate size of the stones.  Just a total carate equivalent weight.  I am wondering if people who have ordered Moissanite from QVC have been pleased with it.  I watched some of the video's, but there is no mention of any warranty in the ones I watched.  I missed the shows. Didn't even realize QVC was selling Moissanite!  Thanks for any input! 

Valued Contributor

Charles Winston on JTV offers a lifetime guarantee on his stones and they're brilliant white.  Very nice quality and more reasonably priced.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  I have looked there too.  I ordered a set of 1 carat earrings from there to try out just the other day.  I haven't gotten them yet.  They have a lot of 14k clad settings; which is ok but I need to have it sized and those cannot be.  I will keep looking though.  QVC has one I like in 14k but they do not mention anything about any warranty.  That is a lot of money for no warranty; especially since they have a lifetime on their Diamonique.

Honored Contributor

Warranty against what?

Moissanite has always been made by Charles & Colvard which has the patent on it.  I suppose they still supply the market.  It does come in several grades, which determine the purity of the color.  You have no way of knowing which grade QVC is selling.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Charles Winston on JTV offers a lifetime guarantee on his stones and they're brilliant white.  Very nice quality and more reasonably priced.

He has shows on tonight and tomorrow.  He has beautiful pieces.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

JTVs  next greatest Moissanite is labeled Moissanite Fire, which is supposedly better than previous stones sold in the past.    It's also lab created, just like Diamonique.      

I haven't purchased any yet but they've had some good prices this weekend.   They are advertising "tax day deals" this afternoon on their Moissanite Fire show.

Respected Contributor

I believe the patent that C&C had on Moissanite may have expired and the stone is now being manufacturer by other companies also.  JTV says it makes it's own Moissanite stones.  I don't know where QVC gets it's stones.

As with many things,  quality can vary.... color, clarity, and the cutting of the stones are all important to how they will look and sparkle.... new and over time.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Moissanite

[ Edited ]

Hi! I purchased the QVC moissanite studs a couple of months ago and returned them. The quality was terrible, and the stones had a yellow tinge, with no sparkle. I've seen other reviews where the pieces are loved....not mine though. JTV has some lovely pieces. My earrings did not come with any certification, nor a warranty.

Super Contributor

Thank you for your reply!  I think I will wait and continue to look around.  It seems people have had good luck with JTV and they have a good selection...just not exactly what I want.  Maybe they will get more stuff in soon. 

Valued Contributor

sure they will get more stuff soon