Occasional Contributor
Truly can't believe this! Remember- 1980 & 90's Those days are gone. Quality Jewelry Boxes! AWFUL! DON'T GET ME STARTED ON PRODUCTS.
Super Contributor

I remember seeing QVC on cable in 2004 for the first time and began ordering a slew of jewelry items, moderately priced, and returned all of them. Now I could kick myself for doing this because the quality of those pieces in 2004 was quite good and the prices reasonable. They even offered rings under 25.00. They can't do that today.

Occasional Contributor
Honestly, Originally 1980's no one could touch QVC. Wonder what Mary Beth Roe, Thinks? Just like when restaurant is sold. Never the same.
Trusted Contributor

Well, I have to agree there were some great prices and good jewelry. I'm lucky to own a few that I bought then from the Q, wish I'd bought more. But back then the paycheck was as small as the $200/ounce gold prices. I remember about 6 pieces that I keep kicking myself I didn't buy, one of them was a white gold matte and d/c finish large dome ring. It was $119 or so and would probably be $500 now. I miss Boyd's Bears, too.

But ya know it wasn't all quality.....remember the hours and hours of the fishing line pearl necklace and the wish pearl? And the chocolate, blue and other colored gold necklaces that were trotted out for 3 or 4 Gold Rushes?

Fun thread!

Candy

Super Contributor
I agree, everything that was offered was cool! Even in other categories, clothes, items for the home. Now, not really tempted.
Occasional Contributor
Hi Candy! Yes I do remember :-)) Colored gold-Never was tempted. Remember 18kt Pat D-Fabulous shows.Then one day she no longer was hosting. Lisa R took over, I've never cared for. Miss Lisa M & Judy C & Kathy Levine. What has happened to QVC? Besides the cheap jewelry.
Honored Contributor

I went back and checked my acct. and the last time I ordered from them and returned all three was:

March 2012, Feb. 2011, Jan. 2010. All jewelry all either broke within the first couple of days or came damaged. It looks like I gave them a yearly shot until last year. I think I have learned my lesson but I do miss the early days.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor
On 1/7/2014 Seranata said: Honestly, Originally 1980's no one could touch QVC. Wonder what Mary Beth Roe, Thinks? Just like when restaurant is sold. Never the same.

LOL,,,,just like all the other hosts who were there then and now.. Loving it! Have you seen their homes? They have laughed all the way to the bank.. Its called "business" not "friendship" or "honesty" on their part... They own everything, to hear them talk,,and that is suppose to make us run to the phones and order..

Honored Contributor

I wish I'd been a QVC shopper during they heyday, but even since I became a customer seven or so years ago the decline in product variety is palpable... It really is a shame and so disappointing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

OP, I've been a 20 yr customer...so I'm right along with you. I miss everything about the old Q. I miss Kathy Levine, horribly.I remember when they used to have silver style every month for 4 hrs, Elegance of 18k gold for 4 hrs every month. David was just a regular host with no happy dances and yum yum faces. Loved the 50/50 tours, the Boyds Bears shows with Gary Lowenthal, the 24 hr collector days....they used to carry the most unique products...even toys you couldn't find ANYWHERE else ! Now today....I learned that even Linda Dano home decor items are no more. I don't know what happened to the QVC I once loved...but, I'm afraid we'll never see it again. I sure hope Valerie isn't on the chopping block next. And yes hubby and I have also wondered what Mary Beth "really" thinks of it all today. But she needs a paycheck and a job...so she has to go along with the changes wheather she likes it or not...I'm sure. But its all really sad......