Valued Contributor

Re: QVC HAS BECOME THE DIAMONIQUE CHANNEL

@fortune wrote:

I've been a QVC member for over 20 years and have enjoyed shopping for beautiful gold and gemstone jewelry.  Now, I'm sad to say that QVC is now the place where you can shop, almost continuously, for Diamonique jewelry as opposed to fine jewelry. smiley-face-crying_zpsaf5e5113.gif

NOT a fan of Diamonique.I don't think it looks like REAL diamonds - looks like cut glass. When I buy fine jewelry, I buy it from a jewelry store. Would NEVER buy fine jewelry from a shopping channel. I have to see it in person before I buy. I also don't think shopiing channels offer nearly the same high-quality as a reputable jeweler.

Honored Contributor

@fortune I hear ya... After months of the usual Christmas 'gifts', such as they are, they finally schedule a day of jewelry and most of it is fake diamonds... Oh boy... As for all this 'variety' we're hearing about, so many of the items shown repeatedly today have been in the QVC warehouses for a couple of years... Not seeing much new, different or exciting and I'm not remotely interested in 'designer' cubic zirconia.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm so tempted! @BalletBabe Bracelets are my weakness. I just bought two other bracelets this week already. I shouldn't!

I love bracelets too... except those adjustable hanging things.

Frequent Contributor

JTV has a lot of gemstone shows. I have quite a collection of Chrome Diopside and Ethiopian Opals. My new favorite is Umba River Garnet, or Raspberry/Grape Garnet. Gorgeous color. They also have several Artisan shows. My favorite is Artisans of Ireland. I have several pieces of Commemara Marble.

Honored Contributor

Diamonique is the reason I started watching QVC. A ring was my very first purchase and it looks just as great today as it did 20 yrs ago. Unfortunately, Diamonique is no longer the same; quality is not as high and the stone sizes aren't believable.
I miss Epiphany and Tacori!
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I've been a QVC member for over 20 years and have enjoyed shopping for beautiful gold and gemstone jewelry.  Now, I'm sad to say that QVC is now the place where you can shop, almost continuously, for Diamonique jewelry as opposed to fine jewelry. smiley-face-crying_zpsaf5e5113.gif

@fortune

???   I don't think I'd ever buy "fine jewelry" from any shopping network, but that's JMO.

As long as I've watched QVC, they've tended to over-present various lines,  I always thought it was because their buyers bought too much and they couldn't unload the last of it.

Thinking back, I can remember wondering if druzy, black spinel or sleeping beauty would EVER go away.  And remember when Bruce Makowsky seemed to have a TSV every other month?    IMO, it's cyclical.   I guess Diamonique is the flavor of the month ... or the season.

Respected Contributor

Years ago QVC had monthly (?) Once in a Lifetime shows that featured FINE jewelry.  With all due respect, without the buying power of shopping channels, no local jeweler could come anywhere near the price for the quality offered.

On the rare occasion that QVC offers fine jewelry, posters complain about the high prices. 

Respected Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@fortune wrote:

NOT a fan of Diamonique.I don't think it looks like REAL diamonds - looks like cut glass. When I buy fine jewelry, I buy it from a jewelry store. Would NEVER buy fine jewelry from a shopping channel. I have to see it in person before I buy. I also don't think shopiing channels offer nearly the same high-quality as a reputable jeweler.

@manhattan1950

I've bought lots of 14k and 18k jewelry from the Q over the years.  I'm happy with all of it!!!

Frequent Contributor

I can tell you the diamonique isnt as good as it used to be in my opinion.. and they dont even have as much in stock as they used to.. I mean really.. during the holiday season and Valentine's Day they typically used to show LOTS of it.. now not so much.. What gives? 

Super Contributor

I agree that everyone has different tastes.I don't wear CZ's but a lot of other women do. I did buy my Mom a few vacation pieces and she loves them. It would be awful if her real jewelry was stolen or lost while she was on vacation. This way she can still wear beautiful jewelry when she travels and if she loses something it won't be a big deal.

I've noticed that QVC has been having more jewelry shows but they're usually in the middle of the night. They should have them during the day and evening too. It seems like every time I turn it on they're selling clothes, shoes and purses.

I love real gold and real gemstones so I wish they would show more of those too.

It does seem like JTV has at least a couple of Bella Luce shows a day. They have gold shows sometimes but it's the same pieces. Almost all of it is yellow gold. They need to sell some white and rose gold pieces too. Their shipping costs are outrageous. $6.99 both ways.

I did buy a pair of the most gorgeous diamond oval hoops from them last month and they had free shipping. They were so beautiful on TV that I have to take a chance. I'm so glad I did. They're sure making an improvement in their diamond quality. They're 1 ct white gold oval hoops and they had them on sale for $299 so I wasn't expecting much. I was so surprise at the quality.