Super Contributor

Re: QVC CANCELED MY ORDER!!!!!

QVC occasionally cancell orders. QVC is way better compare to Nordstrom who make you wait 2-3 weeks and cancell sale item, lol.

I had several cancellations, including TSV well in stock while ordered, Josie Maran, other cosmetic, even some jewelry items. It is very disappointing, but I agree with others if vendor pull it out, QVC has no way to provide you an item.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DelrayLaw11 , sorry that happened.  It does seem strange that QVC didn't know they were no longer in stock.

As far as your post, I read through it just fine.  Apparently there are some who have difficulties reading simple posts.  Not your fault though.

Respected Contributor

Seriously, @new nickname 4?  I don't believe anyone has a difficulty reading a simple post. 

Perhaps what people are having difficulty reading are parenthical inserts, the run on sentences, the excessive capitalization, and all the extraneous and at times incorrect punctuation. 

Kudos to you for the insult to fellow posters.

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Seriously, @new nickname 4?  I don't believe anyone has a difficulty reading a simple post. 

Perhaps what people are having difficulty reading are parenthical inserts, the run on sentences, the excessive capitalization, and all the extraneous and at times incorrect punctuation. 

Kudos to you for the insult to fellow posters.

Maybe she is use to reading garbage!

Honored Contributor

I didn't even bother to read through all of it.

It's not difficult to arrange a post in distinct sentences and paragraphs.

I have no difficulity with comprehension, but I have no interest in reading a rant shouting (all caps) and clearly written in a fury (excessive exclamation marks and other unnecessary punctuation).

There is no point, IMO, in attempting to offer help or advice.  I've found over the years that this type of first-time poster, rarely returns.  Perhaps this will be the exception?

Valued Contributor

DelrayLaw11, unfortunately it is a common fallacy that a retailer is obliged to sell a product at a mistakenly advertised price. In this case, the necklace should have probably been $69 not $13 and that’s why your order was cancelled.

I’m not a lawyer but my layperson understanding is that the contract between you and the retailer isn’t usually formed when you place your order, it’s actually later in the process. You’d have to read QVC’s small print for their own particular policy but it’s commonly around the time the product is dispatched. Sometimes it can even be just before delivery when the product is out on the truck.

Up until whatever that specified point is, the retailer can cancel your order if a mistake has been made. When a company does decide to go through with such an order past that point, it’s a goodwill/public relations gesture not a legal requirement.

In short, QVC almost certainly isn’t legally obliged to sell to you at a mislabeled price.
Respected Contributor

I still can't believe she was shaking with anger over this!  What happens to people like this when something truly bad happens?

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

to the OP: please lose the all-uppercase letters; they're very hard to read and I pretty much ignored your post because of that. It might have been interresting but I just couldn't focus on it

Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@DelrayLaw11 , sorry that happened.  It does seem strange that QVC didn't know they were no longer in stock.

As far as your post, I read through it just fine.  Apparently there are some who have difficulties reading simple posts.  Not your fault though.

Wow, nice put-down. What the others said is called basic grammar.