Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I've seen color-shift garnets before that went from a more plum/rhodolite color to a blue, but not purple to pink.  Interesting!  A nice change from the same old stones.  I like the ring Blingie bought but Michael's Mozambique garnets so far have had a brown cast to them, so they're a pass for me.  Maybe I'd just received duds, but after 2 pieces with the same brownish cast, I'm done.

At least he brings us variety.  He even has a few pieces of indicolite, my guilty pleasure gemstone.  It's so hard to find without major inclusions.  Smiley Happy

@Sammycat1 Wow Sammy.  I have 7 of his mozambique garnets and even sold one of them on the Bay and got positive feedback from the buyer.  Never had a brownish cast at all from his garnets.  Maybe I got lucky.  Take a look at that flower ring's video.  The sparkle and the color saturation was really strong in it.  I'm hope I'm not getting a dud.  I love garnets.  I would have ordered his ttv ring but it's a band ring, and I'm just not a big fan of band rings.  I needed to treat myself to something nice.  I'm going for my second chemo treatment for a lymphoma that was in my face under my eye.  Happy to say after the first treatment 90 percent of it is gone already.  Thank goodness I'm responding really well to the treatment.  I'm forever grateful I don't need radiation treatments.  This sure changes one's life, that's for sure.  So far i'm doing well and it hasn't spread anywhere else.  Hope you've been well, and if you order anything let me know what ya get.  I haven't ordered alot of jewelry lately  Happy about that because all three shopping channels are at zero balances finally for the first time in my life, lol  What an amazing feat that is!! lol

Oh, I love garnets, too, but just haven't had good luck with his.  I think I'm getting pickier or crankier in my old age, but once I saw some Mozambiques at a gem show with a GIA friend of mine, I'm ruined for others. I checked out the video and that checkerboard faceting really throws off the sparkle big time.  It is a stunning design!

More importantly, what's this about a lymphoma?  I'm relieved to hear the first treatment was so successful and that it's being nipped in the bud.  Please keep us posted and my prayers for total eradication of the lymphoma are with you.  Thanks for asking -- I am well.  The new knee is about a year and 3 months old and doing great.  These PA winters still give it heck, but that's what you deal with in a colder climate.

I'm mulling what to get.  That Michael, he can tempt me. 

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

TTV is an easy pass for me, but this flower checkerboard cut mozambique ring at 41 percent off wasn't an easy pass for me, lol   I couldn't believe the sparkle this ring gives and the color is so saturated.  What a steal of a price with shipping for 139.00  

Oh my that's really sparkly and beautiful! Just watched the video....looks gorgeous and low profile.  I do not own any mozambique jewelery....they sold out of size 5 (which is what I wear)....I am sure they could size 6 to a 5 easily on that ring.  I am very tempted to get it and I don't like garnet only tsavorite garnet LOL!!  

I must confess I have ordered several items from Evine in the last few days....several bracelets.  I haven't had good luck with Gems En Vogue on the style for some reason...tried some rings of his from the past and the mountings just weren't my thing at all BUT this ring with it's shape and the faceting of gems really looks just right.

Got stop watching jewelry shows....I want too many things!

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I've seen color-shift garnets before that went from a more plum/rhodolite color to a blue, but not purple to pink.  Interesting!  A nice change from the same old stones.  I like the ring Blingie bought but Michael's Mozambique garnets so far have had a brown cast to them, so they're a pass for me.  Maybe I'd just received duds, but after 2 pieces with the same brownish cast, I'm done.

At least he brings us variety.  He even has a few pieces of indicolite, my guilty pleasure gemstone.  It's so hard to find without major inclusions.  Smiley Happy

@Sammycat1 Wow Sammy.  I have 7 of his mozambique garnets and even sold one of them on the Bay and got positive feedback from the buyer.  Never had a brownish cast at all from his garnets.  Maybe I got lucky.  Take a look at that flower ring's video.  The sparkle and the color saturation was really strong in it.  I'm hope I'm not getting a dud.  I love garnets.  I would have ordered his ttv ring but it's a band ring, and I'm just not a big fan of band rings.  I needed to treat myself to something nice.  I'm going for my second chemo treatment for a lymphoma that was in my face under my eye.  Happy to say after the first treatment 90 percent of it is gone already.  Thank goodness I'm responding really well to the treatment.  I'm forever grateful I don't need radiation treatments.  This sure changes one's life, that's for sure.  So far i'm doing well and it hasn't spread anywhere else.  Hope you've been well, and if you order anything let me know what ya get.  I haven't ordered alot of jewelry lately  Happy about that because all three shopping channels are at zero balances finally for the first time in my life, lol  What an amazing feat that is!! lol

Ohhhh my dear Bling!!!! Sooo sorry it happened to you. I will be praying for you ,my dear friend!  Hope they will beat the darn thing.  Meanwhile, stay positive and strong, enjoy life and your beautiful jewelry. I love your new ring, I am a January baby, so I am biased.

BTW, MV has the purple garnets flower ring, crazy beautiful. Hope eventually I will buy it. I love flowers and bands. Lol

Hugs and prayers 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Oh, I love garnets, too, but just haven't had good luck with his.  I think I'm getting pickier or crankier in my old age, but once I saw some Mozambiques at a gem show with a GIA friend of mine, I'm ruined for others. I checked out the video and that checkerboard faceting really throws off the sparkle big time.  It is a stunning design!

More importantly, what's this about a lymphoma?  I'm relieved to hear the first treatment was so successful and that it's being nipped in the bud.  Please keep us posted and my prayers for total eradication of the lymphoma are with you.  Thanks for asking -- I am well.  The new knee is about a year and 3 months old and doing great.  These PA winters still give it heck, but that's what you deal with in a colder climate.

@Sammycat1Glad to hear the knee is doing well.  Knock on wood on that one.  I wish it was summer and I love the cold weather but taking chemo and having to go out to the cancer center in Frederick is tough.  I'm able to still work at my job and do my treatments so far.  I'm lucky my brother is an Oncologist.  He said I have a fabulous doctor because he's doing everything my brother would have done to treat it.  Have to say it sure is a life changer.  I'm dealing with it pretty well.  Continue to get that knee back in good working order and wish you and your family a great new year with much good health and happiness.  Please post if you get get anything from Michael.  He always has a way of getting me every time he's on.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@Sammycat1Glad to hear the knee is doing well.  Knock on wood on that one.  I wish it was summer and I love the cold weather but taking chemo and having to go out to the cancer center in Frederick is tough.  I'm able to still work at my job and do my treatments so far.  I'm lucky my brother is an Oncologist.  He said I have a fabulous doctor because he's doing everything my brother would have done to treat it.  Have to say it sure is a life changer.  I'm dealing with it pretty well.  Continue to get that knee back in good working order and wish you and your family a great new year with much good health and happiness.  Please post if you get get anything from Michael.  He always has a way of getting me every time he's on.  

You hang in there Blingie....you will beat this!  You have a great attitude!  That ttv may call me, although that double row paraiba eternity band (I like bands and honker solitaires, too!)  Oh the dilemmas with Michael.  I'll keep posted when I hit the "place order" button.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I can not wait to see this tonight on air! I am sure Michael will be totally excited about bringing in to us! And, I also am sure that he has got me again! 😉

Thanks for the heads up I think lol.  I love watching him and I am sure I will love his pieces.  But I must be strong.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So far,  the pictures of Michael's color changing purple garnet looks just like amethyst.   I don't want more of that. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It's got more red undertones than amethyst but not quite as much as rhodolite. I wish he'd not used the dark rhodium on the prongs.  

Honored Contributor

Too purple for me.   I'm not going to run around with a flashlight so I can make it pink occasionally.   Not into the ring designs either. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Purple garnets tonight.

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Too purple for me.   I'm not going to run around with a flashlight so I can make it pink occasionally.   Not into the ring designs either. 

I almost spit out my ice water laughing when I read this.  My husband had just said, "what are you going to do, run around with a flashlight to change the color?"