Honored Contributor

Princess Margaret's Art Deco Cartier Bracelet

Yahoo.com

A Cartier bracelet dating circa 1925 worn by Queen Elizabeth's younger sister for her official 19th birthday portrait in 1949 is hitting the auction block next month through Dix Noonan Webb's Jewelry Watches And Objects Of Vertu. The Art Deco piece featuring pearls and diamonds is expected to fetch up to $55,000.

"This is a rare opportunity to purchase a very personal piece of Royal history with an impeccable provenance," said Frances Noble, head of jewelry and associate director at the London-based auction house.

According to the item's description, "the double strand of cultured pearls highlighted by a millegrain-set row of brilliant-cut diamonds, to a cultured pearl and diamond-set shield-shaped clasp of openwork geometric design, millegrain edged, mounted in platinum, the clasp engraved with the ownership mark 'M' beneath The Princess Margaret's coronet, further stamped 'M' for Mikimoto and 'P' for platinum, later fitted case by Cartier.

Formerly from the Collection of Her Royal Highness, The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon: An Art Deco cultured pearl and diamond bracelet, circa 1925

Formerly from the Collection of Her Royal Highness, The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon: An Art Deco cultured pearl and diamond bracelet, circa 1925

Dix Noonan Webb Auctions Princess Margaret's bracelet

The bracelet is described as being in "overall very good condition," although its box is "heavily scuffed" on its exterior.

The sale of the bracelet will include a Certificate of Provenance from Kensington Palace, dated June 13, 2006.

e6fe87fce86afd33073e663de24f1b44.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Margaret's Art Deco Cartier Bracelet

I love art deco jewelry, although pearls aren't my thing, still lovely!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!

Trusted Contributor

A lovely classic. Timeless and full of understated elegance. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised they're cultured pearls.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee    It's Mikimoto

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Oh my...beautiful

Respected Contributor

Beautiful portrait of Princess Margaret. She could have been happier but the protocol of The Firm would not allow it.

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee    It's Mikimoto

@Desertdi  I own Mikimoto pearls; so did my mother and grandmother. My Great Great Grandmother owned a long strand of real (non-cultured) pearls and yes, I know how valuable they are. Considering it's the Royal Family, I'm surprised they are cultured.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Read on Vogue's web site that this bracelet sold today for 320,000 British Pounds at the auction today. 

That equals $441, 760.00 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"