Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie’s Engagement Ring

It's gorgeous. Sapphire is my birthstone and I love the non blue ones as well.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think he and Sophie live a quiet life with the kids....from what I remember Sophie had a very difficult birth with their first child. Sophie and the Queen have a great relationship tho....they ride together (altho HRH may not now) and similar interests. I am a big Sophie fan and troll a little SM to find out about her.

This is just a thought--- but is Eugenie limited on what kind of ring she can have ???  Kate has Diana's sapphire....MM has diamonds......Sophie has diamonds and Sarah had a ruby. Maybe its like being a Mafia wife (lol)--- your ring cannot be larger than the boss's wife's ring.  The ring is so pretty------it will be knocked off in a hurry. I would love a pair of earrings to match it.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1-

Thanks for trying but no that is all greek to me-im on an iphone for pictures.

Thats ok, its one more thing.

See I don't even get most of the words you used.

I don't have files on my laptop.

Some things I'm good at and others just don't compute.

I think I'd have to have someone sit with me and show me but again, thank you for trying.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm still waiting for the Q to knock off Pippa's ring.  I love that one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pippa's ring...

Sorry, though, @faeriemoon... besides not being 'royal', you know how impressed the Q is with 'celebrity' and Pippa keeps a pretty low profile... Not thinking you'll be seeing a knock off in DMQ anytime soon... 

Smiley Very Happy

pippa-middleton-wedding-ring-08.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I know @stevieb; I'm not holding my breath for it.  That's a great pic, by the way.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon I would love a Dmq Pippa's ring too. Smaller in scale. Another gorgeous ring.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon @Greeneyedlady21 Sort of a shield style ring with an Asscher cut, very pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The padparadscha sapphires I've seen up to now have been in the orange-tangerine family.  I really do like Eugenie's blush color one.  Sapphires are good stones for engagement rings, since they are quite hard and durable.  Of course, not as hard as diamonds, but what is?

I like both diamonds and colored stones, but have a kind of oddball taste in engagement rings.  I like huge cabochons, milky stones like moonstones, milky aqua, star sapphires, etc., paired with diamonds.  Maybe Edwardian and Art Nouveau looks.  My all-time favorite royal ring though is the one that the Duke of Luxembourg gave to his bride,  All diamonds, rather geometric and Art Deco.

Eugenie inherited that lovely long firm jaw from Andrew and also maybe Fergie's side of the family.  It's a bit of a departure from some of the other Windsors. She and her betrothed are adorable, like Harry and Meghan. 

Honored Contributor

Back in the early 60s my bff got an engagement ring that was a Linde (synthetic) Star sapphire in brown.  It was quite revoluntary to have anything other than a diamond back in those days.  The Linde Stars were quite popular and came in a number of colors.  They weren't cheap.  Her ring was set in white gold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment