Honored Contributor

Re: Prices of American West jewelry

@Group 5 minus 1.  There are sources in Albuquerque for all the silver they'd need.  I've never heard Carolyn discuss it but Jay King often refers to our local silver source.  Of course Rio Grande Jewelry Supply, largest in US, is here also.  Gemstones come from wherever theyre sourced.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think her prices are just fine.  Years ago I bought almost every piece of signature link she made.  I blur my eyes when she's on so I don't get tempted to go down another road with her.  Great American made items.

Honored Contributor

I purchased one of the braided leather toggle necklaces ...J349068... yesterday as a OTO for $65.98.  Today they are $82.25!  That's quite a big jump in price! 

Previously the were around $72.00 and so I thought they would return to that price or maybe a few dollars more after the one time only.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I purchased one of the braided leather toggle necklaces ...J349068... yesterday as a OTO for $65.98.  Today they are $82.25!  That's quite a big jump in price! 

Previously the were around $72.00 and so I thought they would return to that price or maybe a few dollars more after the one time only.

And the "clearance" price might be even higher

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kachina, I thought the same thing about that lunchtime naja but it was actually smaller than the pricey “super naja”. 

Respected Contributor

I happen to like several things from this line of jewelry at QVC.  Yes, the prices are higher than they used to be, but some of the things, like the rings, are quite reasonably priced, even for today's much higher prices.  I loved that three strand turquoise oval necklace.  The color was just intensely blue.  I also liked and was very drawn to those Squash Blossom necklaces.

Honored Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

Kachina, I thought the same thing about that lunchtime naja but it was actually smaller than the pricey “super naja”. 

@Pagan.  Maybe that was the difference; you did more research than I.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think my wordage was wrong. Maybe not made in the USA,assembled in the USA.

Respected Contributor

I stopped buying Carolyn's jewelry for the most part because it is all cast silver. The mold is hand carved in something like wax then the silver is melted and poured in the mold. Years ago, silver jewelry was make like Jay King describes, made out of sheets of silver, formed, pounded etc. I think the cast method makes the jewelry less unique. 

Esteemed Contributor

@conlt :  I prefer the caste method as it is stronger overall then having artisans hammer it out.  To me, American West is a much higher quality line than Desert Rose.