Honored Contributor

Re: Price increases on jewelry??

Hopefully one day Q will recognize that 2 e/p does not equal 20% off.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I noticed that too. I have a certain pair of BB earrings that I REALLY wanted and paid full price for back last fall. I put these on my wish list in other colors and checked periodically. One random Sunday night last month they were almost half off ($109, down from $183). I grabbed two pairs in the other two colors of my choice. Woke up in the morning thinking I should get another pair, but  they were back to full price. A week later QVC had Barbara on air with new merchandise and the earrings I grabbed were "clearance priced". They literally flew off the shelf and the website.

I have no idea what that one night temporary clearance price was, but I am glad I now have three beautiful pairs of earrings, two of which were a great deal.

Had same thing happen with CP bracelet.

I paid $172 for it, and before I even had a chance to get it in the mail, it was reduced to $127 or something like that. I quickly called QVC and they issued credit for the difference. The bracelet was back to $172 the next day.

I don't think this has anything to do with new tariffs as these are products made by american companies (even if overseas). Carolyn Pollack makes her jewelry in the US.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus ha no! that's not how QVC does math!

Honored Contributor

In my way of thinking, once an item is marked down, it either is marked down further or stays at same price. That’s one problem I have w/ Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale. After it’s over, everything is marked back up to the retail price. Have never seen that in a dept. store.

Frequent Contributor

Macy's does the same.

I have a rain coat sitting in my shopping cart that went from $49 to $69 and now to full price at $99.

Why retailers do that - I have no clue. They do know that everybody is watching the prices and hardly anyone pays full price. But at least Macys prices don't stay at the "full price" level forever and they change pretty often. I am sure this rain coat will be at $49 again before 4th of July sale. Their "last act" (aka clearance) never go back to "sale" or full prices.

Contributor

What isn't creeping up in Q's pricing.  The LOGO and Graver items completely blow my mind!  Maybe it's because I'm retired but, no way I'm spending that type money for everyday clothes!

Super Contributor

I've noticed this too. Even things I've had on my wish list for months keep going up, then donw for a bit and then up again.

I've mentioned this before. QVC is a huge company. They probably sell more jwelry in one week compared to a jewelry store that may sell that amount in a year. Why are their prices so high, especially when it comes to their gold pieces? With selling as much jewelry as they do you would think they would give us better prices.

I did buy 3 diamond and 14 kt gold necklaces recently from HSN. They were normally $700 marked down to $225. It as like getting 2 of them for free. I was pretty shocked at the quality of the diamonds. Very clear, white and sparkly. The chains weren't bad either.

Honored Contributor

Gold jewelry has gone up too.   Q, like most retailers, is probably getting ready for the jump in prices due to new tariffs.

Respected Contributor

On some pieces the price has increased substantially!