Frequent Contributor

Price increases on jewelry??

I have several Carolyn Pollack and Barbara Bixby items on my wish list and while sometimes they'd go on sale I never saw the prices fluctuate in another direction.

Just a few days ago I noticed that the original price (and even "sale" prices) of those items has increased, by roughly 5%!!

Has anybody else noticed that?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Price increases on jewelry??

@kitty_nina  I noticed a ring that I purchased on clearance and now the price has increased by a couple dollars.  It's probably done all the time but no one notices it and not just with jewelry.  I think the Q makes a killing on returns when their label is used.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@kitty_nina, there have been price increases on items in many categories in recent days. Yours is the first post I've seen about it in jewelry. But fashion, beauty, others have noted it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, QVC seems to have increased prices across the board, in every category.  It makes absolutely no sense on items that were already produced and in stock, but there has been no explanation.

New stock coming in?  That's one thing, but seeing the prices - the regular, full QVC prices - go up on items in my wishlist?  I won't be ordering.

ETA:  I just had a thought - maybe this is one of the Q's "Birthday Month Surprises"!  Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

Had a pair of earrings on my wish list that increased by about 5%. They're not on my wish list anymore. Always feel like a chump when an online shopping site raises prices in this nickel-and-diming fashion. Don't they realize that consumers are going to be less apt to buy a non-essential item when they witness a significant price hike in a very short period of time?

Honored Contributor

Yes they did price increases last week on many things. I had a few things in my wish list were on clearance and the price went up approx 5%.  Needless to say it's not in my wish list any more.  I still don't understand why they increased clearance prices.  It must be on clearance because they want to get rid of it. 

Respected Contributor

I was watching a live presentation of one of Tova's rings, well over a year ago. It was a beautiful ring but I didn't want to pay $142 for it.

So I put it on my wish list and every once in awhile I would check to see if the price was reduced.

It was a long time, but they finally reduced the price to $119. I didn't order it then, but kept on checking the price. A few weeks later, they had a 'sale' price of $118.50.......wow, a whopping 50 cents off!!! 

It was a long time, but they finally lowered the price to $94.96 and that's when I finally ordered it. 

Shortly after that, they raised the price up to $121, and with the latest round of price increases that seem to be happening, it's now up to $123.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it was last Tuesday that the new tariffs went into effect. But even before that I already noticed prices going up everywhere. I believe there will be a 'final list' of things included in that agreement to be announced on 6/15.

Honored Contributor

Why any company chooses their prices, I really have no idea. Further, I don't care why.  My job is just to decide what I'm willing and able to pay for something -  companies have to figure out for themselves how to pay their bills and make a profit. I don't even keep a wish list -  too frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

They jacked most everything up a few days before the big easy pay day -- just like they did last year.