Respected Contributor

Price Increase On The JAI Giraffe Cuff Bracelet

I own the matching ring and I've had my eye on the cuff bracelet (J353008) for about a year.

I've been keeping track of the price of the cuff and hoping for a sale price someday. The original price was $199. I just checked the price last week and it was $249.80. Today I checked again and it's now $349.75!!!! If you watch the video with Jayne and Pat, they mention the price as $299.98. I'm not sure when that presentation aired, but I don't have that price on my list. 

I ordered the ring on March 1, 2018 and I paid $129.98 - the price is now $149.75. I know the price of everything is going up and I really don't think the increase for the ring is out of line, but the price for the cuff .....OUCH!!

I guess I won't be purchasing the bracelet now, LOL!!

JAI Sterling Silver & 14K Gold Giraffe Cuff Bracelet, 30.6g - J353008

Honored Contributor

Re: Price Increase On The JAI Giraffe Cuff Bracelet

WOW!!

Honored Contributor

Maybe they're just trying to cash in on the increased popularity of giraffes, thanks to April who just had a baby last Sunday.  In that case, they'll reduce the price eventually, when the fervor wears off.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you may be misremembering the original price.

I bought this cuff in March 2018 and it was $299.98

I bought a second one in October 2018 for $269.98 

If it was 249 in the recent silver sale day, that was the lowest it has ever been.

Perhaps you saw an ‘as is’ price?

Forgot to add, I just wore the enhancer a lot while waiting for April’s new calf. Everyone commented on it and said how great it was ... but ... every single person thought it was a dragon not a giraffe!

Honored Contributor

If this line is made in China, it may be affected by recent  tariffs since last year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

I think you may be misremembering the original price.

I bought this cuff in March 2018 and it was $299.98

I bought a second one in October 2018 for $269.98 

If it was 249 in the recent silver sale day, that was the lowest it has ever been.

Perhaps you saw an ‘as is’ price?

Forgot to add, I just wore the enhancer a lot while waiting for April’s new calf. Everyone commented on it and said how great it was ... but ... every single person thought it was a dragon not a giraffe!

@Pagan  You may be entirely correct, it's possible I wrote the wrong price down. That would make more sense. Going from $199 to $349, even with price increases and possible tariffs, is a huge jump.

The giraffe enhancer is gorgeous. How can anyone mistake it for a dragon?!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess people expect dragons more than giraffes for jewelry! 

I don’t think you’ll have to wait too much longer for a clearance price. I should have waited myself.

I like to wear cuffs in pairs and try to wait for clearance/as-is for the second cuff.

I just got a bit panicky this time when the enhancer sold out, especially since my size always seems to sell out first. I really should have held out for a bit longer!

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for you....

Honored Contributor

The JAI - Scott Grimes collaboration seems to be very successful.  All the old rules about never increasing prices are out the window.  Oh well, I'm happy with my alligator cuff from Barry Cord for one of my few critters pieces.  

Honored Contributor

This is what they do when a line becomes popular.  I won't be buying as juch JAI as they have done this with many of the pieces I have had my eye on.

Valued Contributor

wow itss awesome .