Trusted Contributor

Re: Popular Jewelry Trends Today

I honesty don't keep up with designers, @Kcubed .  I"m familiar with some of them, but designers have nothing at all to do with my jewelry buying choices. Some people collect certain designers' pieces; I collect what I like to wear.

As to trends, many ladies here have mentioned the most popular ones.  It also seems that long necklaces are creeping up on jewelry shopping sites.  That's a trend that I like, since I'm tall.

I

Honored Contributor

I don't know about John Hardy but I do know that the Yurman brand is as hot and coveted as it ever was.  Yurman is a brand but it isn't a trend with a specific aesthetic.  Collectors still collect.  There's the silver and gold accent line but there's also the 14K and 18K line and the diamond line.  There are probaby even engagement rings.  Not in my price range but my "money is no object" friend collects Yurman pieces and received a 14K bangle from her company when she retired, it costs around $5000.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 ugh yes I'm with you. They look like a good idea but I know I'd snag the dangly pieces all the time so I decided that I simply wasn't going to buy them.

I saw a Dallas Prince show one day and she has done an adjustable bracelet but there isn't any dangling ends. I thought the design was awesome and a much smarter idea than the dangles.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG overpriced fashion jewelry to boot!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy what I like.And those adjustable dangling adjustable bracelets is not my choice or  style. Currently I wear John Hardy and Lagos.Great deals at NM last call and TJMaxx. I wear wide band rings,one on each hand(JH ) I have several gemstone ring, but I prefer band rings without stones.

I wear gemstone earrings usually Sapphire, and occasionally my petite Sapphire dog tag pendant.

Four full bracelets on my right arm,(Lagos & John Hardy) left arm Lagos charm bracelet and a watch.

A vintage small Bali cross on a 16 inch pendant from Etsy,and my Lagos panda pendant.

The only thing I change up on occasions is a differenht watch or earring.Somtimes when going out I changed one of my bang ring to one of,with one of my diamond band ring.

While I buy less jewelry( I am a lover of bracelets) buy what you like.A lot of what I see is not my style. Costume jewelry is something I never purchased except for brooches, due to allergies of mystery metals.Set your own trend.

The jewelry that I have purchased, is not flimsy, that is one of the reason now I rather purchase at B/M stores, because even The Trusted brands that I  purchased  may start taking shortcuts, for now John Hardy and  Lagos continue to make quality pieces.

While I like  some of Jai and Roth style, I can Admire from a distance.

But you can get good deals from Etsy and eBay, at least I have in the past.Also Macy's has great jewelry sales, especially Effys.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was a fan of bolo bracelets until I acquired one and wore it.  I couldn't get it off fast enough.  Those dangly chains nearly drove me nuts.

@Kachina624   I thought bracelets with a magnetic closure would be a good idea, too...........until the bracelet attached itself to my car door(!!)  di

@Desertdi 

I thought so too, & bought an early 14k one.

Wore it out to dinner, All was well until -

it kept picking up the stainless flatware, which stuck tight to it.  Had to yank it loose.  Seriously 😳 

Not Good.  Slipped it into my bag, and back it went!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

I enjoy Trollbeads - much edgier and more frun than Pandora which is kinda boring IMO

I do notice the young girls like to wear very thin rings all over their fingers - not a look for me - I love bold Bali and Native American pieces and aways will - never follow trends

It looks like shouder dusters are back 

Honored Contributor

I bought a set of 6 magnetic closures, planning on making certain chains easier to put on.  What a mess.  So far I have a ball of chains and magnets stuck to each other.  I put them aside for a day when I have some patience.  Those magnets are really strong, I have accidentally picked up flatware with one.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't a clue what's trending!  I'm still wearing earrings I bought in Dress Barn about 10 years ago, my "retirement" watch from 9 years ago, and a Steel By Design bracelet that I bought probably 12 years ago.  

I recently bought a few pieces of costume jewelry from Chico's ... cute summer stuff.

Super Contributor

I love bolo bracelets and have bought many for my Mom, my daughter and myself. I've given them as gifts too. They work because you can have a small wrist or a larger wrist and still wear one of these bracelets. I just ordered one for a child that will be a gift for my 10 year old great niece. She's like me, she loves jewelry. She has tiny wrists so her options are kids cheal jewelry.

I'm seen girls wear the thin gold bands too and wonder how they get them to stay one above their knucle. Don't get me wrong, it looks cute on younger women

Yellow gold has came back in a big way. So much so that you can hardly find any white or rose gold peices. Just my opinion, I don't think yellow gold engagement rings with a halo looks as good as it would in white gold. I see women wearing delicate yellow gold chains and necklaces layered. 

Layering small necklaces seems to be in right now. I was doing this long before it became a trend. Lol! I always wear at least 2 or 3 necklaces at different lengths. I do the same thing with my bracelets.

Jewelry stores kind of keep up with jewelry trends so you could check some of them out.