Frequent Contributor

Poll: your engagement ring? pics, please!

I'm curious what everyone's engagement ring looks like :-) and if you helped choose it, why did you choose that style/cut?

Contributor

Re: Poll: your engagement ring? pics, please!

Mine's a two carat diamond surrounded by one carat of smaller diamonds bezel set. I picked it out. My husband picked out the first and second set. I also have a plain wide 14k plain band and a band with a carat of small diamonds channel set all the way around.
Occasional Contributor

thin & delicate

My boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage for the past year or so, once I am out of college. I have passed along this image to him. I just love the modern look of the thin, dainty bands. I also love the solitaire look. What do you think? {#emotions_dlg.wub} Would love to see yours!

Super Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Missouri Heartlander said: Mine's a two carat diamond surrounded by one carat of smaller diamonds bezel set. I picked it out. My husband picked out the first and second set. I also have a plain wide 14k plain band and a band with a carat of small diamonds channel set all the way around.

FIVE? How many husbands?

Trusted Contributor

Mine is a round (brilliant cut) with two trillions (triangle shaped) on each side, similar to this one:

Trillion cut diamond by Skippy123

I have always like the classic look of a brilliant cut but didn't necessarily want a solitaire. On the other hand, I didn't want something over-designed and fussy or something that would look outdated in 10 years. I'm very happy with my ring, which is 20 years old.

Before we got engaged, we looked at rings one time, and I showed my husband a few that I liked. He went back to the same jewelers and bought my favorite of the three. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Vamp said:

Mine is a round (brilliant cut) with two trillions (triangle shaped) on each side, similar to this one:

I have always like the classic look of a brilliant cut but didn't necessarily want a solitaire. On the other hand, I didn't want something over-designed and fussy or something that would look outdated in 10 years. I'm very happy with my ring, which is 20 years old.

Before we got engaged, we looked at rings one time, and I showed my husband a few that I liked. He went back to the same jewelers and bought my favorite of the three. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Your ring is very elegant looking. Is it platinum?

Trusted Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Allegheny said:
On 1/10/2014 Vamp said:

Your ring is very elegant looking. Is it platinum?

Thank you, and yes.

Honored Contributor

My orginal "starter" engagment ring was a 1/2 ct diamond solitaire, white gold prongs on a 14k yellow gold band, with a matching wedding band. Promotional diamonds from a Mall jewelry store. On store credit, of course. I was 21 when I got engaged, my diamond was HUGE compared to the 1/4ct diamonds my friends were getting. I loved that ring! We upgraded every ten years or so. I got a new set on my 10th and another on my 20th. Similar style (which I like) a 1ct marquise and then a 1.70ct oval. One is white gold, the other yellow gold and I wear both depending on what jewelry I'm wearing. I do not mix my metals. But no upgrade on my 30th. There will be no more upgrades...LOL Why? You might ask. Well, I asked for an anniversary band to wear on my right hand. My husband gave me a 3 carat diamond band, large diamonds. It's gorgeous, great diamonds. A real attention grabber. And that was the problem....it's just too big and expensive looking for everyday wear. It's very flash, very over the top. It sparkles like crazy, it commands attention. Somone once asked me if it was Diamonique! LOL I wear it when we go to Vegas, I wear it when we go to very fancy special events. Like our daughter's wedding. My husband was (maybe still is) a little put out that I don't wear the ring more.

Frequent Contributor

I wear a 5.5 carat eternity band, round cut diamonds. I sat with my jeweler for what I remember feeling like years, several visits, to select each and every stone. Never wanting a high set ring or solitaire, I did want only one band.

I prefer the simplicity and beauty of an eternity band.

Regular Contributor

I wear a simple 1ct. solitaire, high quality diamond, in a yellow gold setting, I wear it with a one carat tw. band in yellow gold and I am very happy with this. I had a starter set too, with a 1/4 carat center stone and tiny chips around the band on both rings, it was very dainty, and I split the back of the band. This was what we cold afford at the time and I wore the set for years. I had the 1/4 ct. reset and still wear it.

Current set I picked myself. I wanted something classic. I still LOVE my rings.

All the rings pictured are beautiful! If I was in the market for a new ring I would be very tempted by the halo style. Time will tell if it is a fad or will became a classic. I think the best piece of advice I could give is that the one that is supposed to wear this forever, should probably pick the ring.