Honored Contributor

Polishing cloth recommendations for sterling silver

I've heard the name of many, and I want to know what you all think.

DD has some Silpada jewelry that she is planning to give to her friends (they trade a lot). She hasn't worn it in a long time, probably since she was a young teen. 

I have one cloth left and don't want to part with it. Mine is from Walmart - I think Connoiseur (red bag) (?)

Can you help? TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Polishing cloth recommendations for sterling silver

Connosieurs is just as good as any of them. 

Honored Contributor

Without a doubt, the Sunshine Cloth is the superior polishing cloth.  It's often sold by jewelers but I get them on eBay by the dozen from China.  Connosieurs doesn't even compare IMO.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Without a doubt, the Sunshine Cloth is the superior polishing cloth.  It's often sold by jewelers but I get them on eBay by the dozen from China.  Connosieurs doesn't even compare IMO.

I agree @Kachina624 . Fastastic cleaning cloths for most metal jewelry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyway to get them other than from China? I really have been pleased with Conn, but maybe i am missing something. 

Just checked ebay, plenty of US sellers, cloths made in Japan. I also see that newer ones are blue and not yellow and are supposedly less abrasive. I will give them a try, thanks

Honored Contributor

have found Coneesieur at Bed Bath Beyond but was too lazy to go there so I ordered from Amazon last time 

yes I know I mangled the spelling on that one !

also cape cod silver polish cloth

Honored Contributor

I bought mine from JTV but Amazon has them.  I've had various brands, I never had one that didn't work the way it's supposed to.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Anyway to get them other than from China? I really have been pleased with Conn, but maybe i am missing something. 

Just checked ebay, plenty of US sellers, cloths made in Japan. I also see that newer ones are blue and not yellow and are supposedly less abrasive. I will give them a try, thanks

Pleny of US sellers but did you read the fine print?  Most are shipping from China

Valued Contributor

A few years back I purchased Carolyn Pollack's jewelry cleaning kit that included the yellow polishing cloth which does a great job. 

I assume the yellow polishing cloths cannot be laundered.  Does anyone know if this is true?

Super Contributor

@beach-mom : I use Blitz for cleaning my Sterling silver jewelry. Don't wash it because it will ruined. This is for any cleaning cloth not only for Blitz.