Super Contributor

Please to See American West Pieces

I was looking online at items from American West and was thrilled to see 2 designs by Roderick Tenorio.  Those who has shopped with Carolyn for years will recognize his name. He was an amazing Native American jewelry maker.  He appeared with her a on a couple of shows years ago.  He was a quiet, thoughtful, talented, gentle man.  He died much too young.  I have many, many of his beautiful rings, bracelets, and pendants.  I have seen his pieces on Ebay but they are previously owned and would probably show signs of wear.  I hope Carolyn will bring back some of his previous older pieces to make them available to those who are new to his work

Respected Contributor

Re: Please to See American West Pieces

[ Edited ]

I have one of his pieces from his early days on QVC. A very talented artist. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own many Roderick Tenorio pieces, both new and pre-owned ( never noted any difference between the two).  Please note that some of the recent reissues aren't exactly the same as earlier pieces (the reissued square mosaic pendant doesn't have the 14k gold bar across the bottom and the mosaic with the silver rays is VERY small (I returned it). I recently bought his reissued lapis with corn stalk inlay and I love it.  Im saying be sure you are getting exactly what you really want.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JCath - If you're looking for older pieces, definitely check out the American West website; they occasionally release items from the vault in small quantities, and there are always great sales on everything. There are also a lot of items that used to be sold on QVC or never show up at QVC.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

so many of them are so BIG and that necklace looked like a pair of claws. Not for me, even though I like how colorful they are (without being garish) for me.