Contributor

My first experience with Diamonique Platinum clad jewelry was a three-stone ring.  After a while the platinum wore off the prongs (and other high points) and I was left with ugly black-topped prongs.

I'm now considering jumping back into platinum clad.  I've always wanted an eternity band.  Was just wondering what your experience has been with it and if, perhaps, its been improved since I bought mine, probably close to 8 years ago.

Honored Contributor

Re: Platinum Clad Diamonique

Before you jump!💁 Tried two rings, Will never order clad again! If you want Diamonique invest in real GOLD. Not clad or sterling. Imo
Respected Contributor

I have one of the platinum clad rings that I bought when I lost my engagement band. I've been wearing it daily for about 15 years. It is scuffed, probably not as shiny of a finish as it had new. but it still looks pretty & I don't see any black. Just a beautiful "white gold" looking wedding ring.

Honored Contributor

@7 of 9 wrote:

My first experience with Diamonique Platinum clad jewelry was a three-stone ring.  After a while the platinum wore off the prongs (and other high points) and I was left with ugly black-topped prongs.

I'm now considering jumping back into platinum clad.  I've always wanted an eternity band.  Was just wondering what your experience has been with it and if, perhaps, its been improved since I bought mine, probably close to 8 years ago.

Meant to add...mine have black spots! By the way, Not hard on my rings. Couldn't believe it, Talk about junk!! Less than two months.
Contributor

I actually asked QVC to replace it and they said nope.  Only the stones are covered.
I love the diamonique in gold.  I had a pair of huggie hoops for years and then lost one.  I was heartbroken!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@7 of 9 wrote:

Meant to add...mine have black spots! By the way, Not hard on my rings. Couldn't believe it, Talk about junk!! Less than two months.

I have a diamonique from Q I purchased at least 5 years ago, it was from Tacori I am not sure if its silver or clad anyway I do not wear it often but it still looks new.  No tarnishing or anything.  I do keep my rings in Colleens Prestiege  ring box from HSN. 

Trusted Contributor

I have had mixed results with the platinum clad Epipany rings.  I bought one when Epiphany was first introduced, and it looked good for about a year.  My second ring was about 3 years ago, and it still looks great!  I wear it nearly everyday. 

Honored Contributor

I have an epiphany set I wear as my wedding set.  I don't even remember how many years ago I bought it but it's in perfect shape.  I've never had a problem.

I also buy sterling that is rhodium plated all the time and never have a problem.  You can have something re-plated with rhodium and it is very inexpensive. 

My original wedding set is yellow gold and I just don't care for yg.  I took the set to my local jeweler and he rhodium plated it for me for less than $20.00.  Once you don't like it anymore, they just buff it back off.   

Contributor

Maybe they've made some improvements.  I think my 3-stone ring was probably at least 8 years old.  

I think I'm going to find an inexpensive piece to try and see how it works out this time. 

Honored Contributor

@7 of 9  The plat. clad pieces I have are from many years ago and some as recently as 6 months (stud earrings). I haven't had trouble w/ either. How have you been cleaning yours?