Super Contributor

Sometimes I stack on the jewelry.  Depends on the style, outfit and event.  

Respected Contributor
It depends on the jewelry. I like to wear 2 bracelets together and no more than 2 necklaces together, but they need to work together. I don’t like a watch and bracelet together, but my watches are big. I generally keep to one ring per hand. Some ladies are good at mixing multiple pieces and it looks good on them.
Contributor

mcducky, and sometimes on your mood. If i'm feeling happy and upbeat, I pile it on! If I'm having a down day, and/or just don't want anyone looking at me, the most I'll wear is a pair of small earrings. Again if I'm having a down day, I have a special set of earrings my husband gave me which make me feel better.

New Contributor

I am enjoying the postings.  I am in my early eighties and have noticed recently that I am more drawn to someone who is wearing one really interesting bracelet than a wristful.  I find myself really looking at it.  For myself , I vary my bangles from 1-3, all different but with a similar theme.  Lately, I find I like the one bracelet idea and get pleasure out of notocing all the minute detailsof whateer I am wearing.  LOVE earrings, but that is an other story.  To each his own.

Valued Contributor

Re: Piling on jewelry

[ Edited ]

I like earrings and bracelets OR a necklace and a ring.

I like distance between items to avoid looking cluttered. 

For me, a ring and bracelet together are too much, as are a necklace and earrings (even though I have a very long neck).

If I have a matching set, I will never wear the pieces together. I find it too contrived.

I do wear multiple bracelets and sometimes stack rings on one single finger but never do multiples of anything else.

For the bracelet stack, I don’t always agree with the 3 and 5 pieces rule. I think plenty of bracelets actually look better in pairs and also 4 can work with many other pieces. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Piling on jewelry

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

I follow several "rules" in jewelry.  For daytime anytime, if you wear bangles, it should be 3 bangles.  Not 2 or 4.  It should always be odd numbers as 1,3, or 5   The bangles don't have to match, but it must be the same basic shape.  As in not wearing a flat bracelet with a bangle, etc.  A jeweler in a fine jewelry store told me that.  

You can wear necklaces, but in the evening, he said you not wear a necklace, but large, important earrings and one large or important bracelet.  That's all.  the less is more in jewelry.  Women who load up jewelry on their wrists doen't look good. 

@songbird  No necklaces in the evening? Only large important earrings? Really, news to me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I follow several "rules" in jewelry.  For daytime anytime, if you wear bangles, it should be 3 bangles.  Not 2 or 4.  It should always be odd numbers as 1,3, or 5   The bangles don't have to match, but it must be the same basic shape.  As in not wearing a flat bracelet with a bangle, etc.  A jeweler in a fine jewelry store told me that.  

You can wear necklaces, but in the evening, he said you not wear a necklace, but large, important earrings and one large or important bracelet.  That's all.  the less is more in jewelry.  Women who load up jewelry on their wrists doen't look good. 

@songbird  No necklaces in the evening? Only large important earrings? Really, news to me.

Haven't you notice so many of the stars on red carpet wear big earrings, one bracelet.  And no necklace. 

https://news.centurionjewelry.com/articles/detail/trendspotting-wheres-the-necklace

Honored Contributor
@Shanus said it perfectly.
I will wear a small earring with a large necklace. There should be harmony and balance.
Today, I have on a very large bracelet which is a SS ruffle. I am wearing a handmade rectangle ring all on the right. The left is our wedding rings and my watch. I have on medium SS hoops, a turquoise sweater, black suede jacket, black Jean's and boots.
A necklace would be too much.
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Haven't you notice so many of the stars on red carpet wear big earrings, one bracelet.  And no necklace. 

https://news.centurionjewelry.com/articles/detail/trendspotting-wheres-the-necklace

@songbird  I’m not the large or long, dangling earring type. I prefer a stud earring leaving me able to choose a necklace, too, if I want. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:
@Shanussaid it perfectly.
I will wear a small earring with a large necklace. There should be harmony and balance.
Today, I have on a very large bracelet which is a SS ruffle. I am wearing a handmade rectangle ring all on the right. The left is our wedding rings and my watch. I have on medium SS hoops, a turquoise sweater, black suede jacket, black Jean's and boots.
A necklace would be too much.

@ECBG  Well, thanks for your expert vote of confidence in my taste. 😜