QVC Community

Peyton's Place-Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire TSV

What do you think of the TSV today?   A full one carat center stone in the ruby or sapphire and .90 ct in emerald.

R,E,S TSV.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Peyton's Place-Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire TSV

Since you asked, I think they are poor quality. I own quality emeralds, sapphires and ruby rings and the colors are much more saturated and higher quality. I used to work at Jareds and these wouldn't sell at half this price. The sapphire is way too dark, the ruby is cloudy and the emerald is too light.  QVC and Peyton, you can do better.

Trusted Contributor

By the way there are 3 or 4 other threads that reflect the same opinion on the quality of these gemstones.

Respected Contributor

Poor, poorer, poorest!  People with even slight knowledge about quality would know TSV is a dime a dozen offering.

Super Contributor

I think it is a fair price for a 14k ring with 1 carat.  I've certainly seen 10k rings and/or  stones with much worse color on the market  .. and they cost a few hundred more.   

I agree with that the comments that the blue sapphire appears really dark, the ruby looks somewhat opaque on TV, and  the emeralds aren't as dark as the Brazilian emeralds or Columbian emeralds.   

But .. it's $500.  I had bought the Columbian emerald last Gem Day but ended up sending it back because it was dull looking.   I'm going to give the Zambian emerald a try! 

I'll let you know what I think after I get it.  

Esteemed Contributor

In today's market and at the price point, I think it's a solid value.  Sure, there are stones of better quality, but usually not at this size and certainly not at this price.  Jared's is certainly not the standard for top flight stones or pieces; they're beyond overpriced.  

Also, one short trip to the Smithsonian shows that even the world's finest emeralds have inclusions -- that's the nature of green beryl.  

I agree the sapphire isn't the best but the emerald shines. Peyton, all factors considered, you did a solid job on this one.

Valued Contributor

The style is very old fashioned 

Respected Contributor

Definitely not their best offering.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I think they should go back to presenting really exceptional specimens of more semi-prescious stones at better prices and, with the occasional exception, leave precious stones to those who know what they're doing and who do them well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Peyton_Kelley, are the rubies lead glass filled?  As far as the sapphire, the blue is too dark for my liking.  I know, getting a Ceylon is near impossible and likely very cost prohibitive, but still.

*Call Tyrone*