QVC Community

Peyton's Place-Oops

[ Edited ]

I was traveling this week so the regular Peyton’s Place will return next week with a peak behind the scenes at QVC.

Tonight from 8-10 PM @Jane Treacy and I will have an Affinity Diamond Show with lots of new items.   Affinity is QVC’s brand of genuine, natural diamonds and through our partnership with the Gemological Institute of America you can be assured of our strict adherence to their strict 4 C’s-color, clarity, cut, and carat weight.

We have two Fresh from the Fair items.  The first is an incredible Diamond Heart 36” Sterling Tassel Necklace (J331102).  It is completely adjustable and stunning.  The second is a Two Carat total weight Cluster Ring in 14k gold (J331128).   This is only our second two carat band and is a show stopper. 

Sunday morning from 1-3 AM, @Alberti_Popaj, Robert Elizondo, Peter Thomas Roth, Scott Grimes, and I will have a rocking, fun gem show.

Heart Shape Affinity Lariat.pngTwo carat Affinity Ring.png

Hope to see you there!

Peyton

Super Contributor

Peyton,wanted to let you know that I purchased a Montana blue sapphire and it is lovely. It is a beautiful shade of cornflower blue.  Set in silver and is a 3 stone design. Just wonderful and the color is the best! I remember a few years ago when you did a show with all Montana sapphires. Great show!

Take care and will be watching your show tonight for a bit.

Peace, Nancy fromMA

QVC Community

@nj wrote:

Peyton,wanted to let you know that I purchased a Montana blue sapphire and it is lovely. It is a beautiful shade of cornflower blue.  Set in silver and is a 3 stone design. Just wonderful and the color is the best! I remember a few years ago when you did a show with all Montana sapphires. Great show!

Take care and will be watching your show tonight for a bit.

Peace, Nancy fromMA

Hi @nj, I love Montana blue sapphires.  The cornflower blue is very rare and so beautiful.   Please enjoy your beautiful ring.   Thanks for watching tonight.  It is going to be fun.  Best, Peyton

Honored Contributor

The ring appears to be attractive. What is the GIA rating? Is it SI1, SI2 or I1? What is the color? G is very different than J when the seller says "near colorless." Are the diamonds full cut or single cut?

Thanks...

QVC Community

@Trinity11 wrote:

The ring appears to be attractive. What is the GIA rating? Is it SI1, SI2 or I1? What is the color? G is very different than J when the seller says "near colorless." Are the diamonds full cut or single cut?

Thanks...

Hi @Trinity11, Thank you for your post.  I can give you detailed descriptions of the color, clarity, and cutting but we are not quite there yet as far as giving specific GIA terns.  The diamonds are all full cut with 58 facets.  They show maximum brilliance, sparkle, and fire.   You cannot see any inclusions when inspected with the unaided eye, meaning no loupe or microscope.  When you look through a loup you will be able to see noticeable or obvious inclusions.  The body color of the diamonds is near colorless.   You cannot see any brown or yellow in the diamonds.  The carat weight is a minimum of two carats. I hope this helps.   Take care, Peyton

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peyton!

I have a question about two stones: tourmaline and kyanite. I checked the mohs scale and they seem to be about the same. I am hesitate to wear either of these in ring form for daily wear. Am I being overly cautious?  I have kyanite earrings that i just LOVE and two tourmaline rings that I wear but not around the house. I have a very special birthday coming up and I wanted something sparkly and special to help me forget the age number. Any advise from you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

Highlighted
QVC Community

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Peyton!

I have a question about two stones: tourmaline and kyanite. I checked the mohs scale and they seem to be about the same. I am hesitate to wear either of these in ring form for daily wear. Am I being overly cautious?  I have kyanite earrings that i just LOVE and two tourmaline rings that I wear but not around the house. I have a very special birthday coming up and I wanted something sparkly and special to help me forget the age number. Any advise from you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

Hi @Fressa, Thank youso much for writing.   The Mohs for Tourmaline is much higher than Kyanite.  Tourmaline is 7-7.5 so is very durable.   Kyanite is 4-4.5 and must have special care.   Kyanite needs to be set in a setting that protects the stone.  Of the two, I would go with Tourmaline, whether pink, green, Rubellite, or Paraiba.  Those are all very sturdy.  If you are thinking about other stones, please consider ruby or sapphire at 9, Topaz at 8, or Morganite at 7.5 to 8.  Please let me know what you decide and have a very happy birthday.   Best Regards, Peyton

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the updated info Peyton. I did research the stones on line but some websites had conflicting information on the hardness and durability of the stones. I do have a pair of kyanite earrings that I purchased years ago on QVC. They are safe on my ears. I also have a few rourmaline rings from previous purchases on QVC in 14kt. I love them all. I purchased the shaphire band ring 14kt and it arrived yesderday. It's nicer than I thought it wourld be especially the stones. Band rings are not my favorite only because I have small hands. The "Princess Di" style rings are better for me. I do keep the bands rings on more often because they seem to take the daily wear a bit better for my activities.  This one fit my budget.  Shapphire is my birthstone and it is so difficult to find good ones that are blue. Often I decide not to purchase and then it is years before I find anothr piece of jewlerly that I like.

I'm pleased to hear Morganite is high on the mohs. I always thought it was a bit more sensitive like an opal. I love the pink morganite because pink is my second favorite to the shapphire.

I always enjoy seeing you on the air and especially with Jane and Antonella. 

QVC Community

@Fressa wrote:

Thanks for the updated info Peyton. I did research the stones on line but some websites had conflicting information on the hardness and durability of the stones. I do have a pair of kyanite earrings that I purchased years ago on QVC. They are safe on my ears. I also have a few rourmaline rings from previous purchases on QVC in 14kt. I love them all. I purchased the shaphire band ring 14kt and it arrived yesderday. It's nicer than I thought it wourld be especially the stones. Band rings are not my favorite only because I have small hands. The "Princess Di" style rings are better for me. I do keep the bands rings on more often because they seem to take the daily wear a bit better for my activities.  This one fit my budget.  Shapphire is my birthstone and it is so difficult to find good ones that are blue. Often I decide not to purchase and then it is years before I find anothr piece of jewlerly that I like.

I'm pleased to hear Morganite is high on the mohs. I always thought it was a bit more sensitive like an opal. I love the pink morganite because pink is my second favorite to the shapphire.

I always enjoy seeing you on the air and especially with Jane and Antonella. 

Hi @Fressa, thank you once again for the kind words.   It is really an honor when I get to work with Jane or Antonella.   That are both so much fun and very knowledgeable and have such a love of jewelry.  I am glad you are happy with the sapphire band ring.   Please enjoy it and wear it often.    Let me know if I can help in any say.  Best Regards, Peyton