QVC Community

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

Great idea, Peyton.  I really enjoy your shows because they are so informative.  I love hearing your tales about your travels and especially the vault discoveries.  You genuinely love gemstones and it shows.  You have great enthusiasm.  I always learn something new from you and, yes, I am a gem lover too.  Look forward to watching you tomorrow!

@IamDoodles  Hi Doodles, love your name.   Thank you so much for the kind words.  It is like being on a treasure hunt when I go into the vaults.   Some are very organized and inventoried and others are a mess.   You have to dig through bags and papers to really find that treasure.  We have several great new items in the show this afternoon with Rick.  Write back and let me know what you think.  Best, Peyton

Hey Peyton  caught both your shows early morning and late afternoon with Rick.  I really liked the Demantoid garnet ring you presented.  I like the exotic stones.  Would like to see more of them.

Have you ever been to our Crater of Diamonds State Park here in AR?  It is a rockhounds paradise.  You put on boots, get a shovel and pick and go out into the fields to hunt for diamonds.  It is great fun and you get to keep what you find.  Lots of wonderful diamonds have been found here.  If you haven't yet been there, you really should go.

@IamDoodles

Hi Doodles, I was happy that we could actually find enough Demantoid to do the one ring.   It is such a rare beautiful stone.   I grew up in Shreveport, La and always wanted to go to the Crater of Diamonds State Park.   I was told you should go after a big rain.  It is definitely on the list.   What a treat that would be, especially if I found a diamond!!!  Have you ever found one?  Best, Peyton

Trusted Contributor

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

Great idea, Peyton.  I really enjoy your shows because they are so informative.  I love hearing your tales about your travels and especially the vault discoveries.  You genuinely love gemstones and it shows.  You have great enthusiasm.  I always learn something new from you and, yes, I am a gem lover too.  Look forward to watching you tomorrow!

@IamDoodles  Hi Doodles, love your name.   Thank you so much for the kind words.  It is like being on a treasure hunt when I go into the vaults.   Some are very organized and inventoried and others are a mess.   You have to dig through bags and papers to really find that treasure.  We have several great new items in the show this afternoon with Rick.  Write back and let me know what you think.  Best, Peyton

Hey Peyton  caught both your shows early morning and late afternoon with Rick.  I really liked the Demantoid garnet ring you presented.  I like the exotic stones.  Would like to see more of them.

Have you ever been to our Crater of Diamonds State Park here in AR?  It is a rockhounds paradise.  You put on boots, get a shovel and pick and go out into the fields to hunt for diamonds.  It is great fun and you get to keep what you find.  Lots of wonderful diamonds have been found here.  If you haven't yet been there, you really should go.

@IamDoodles

Hi Doodles, I was happy that we could actually find enough Demantoid to do the one ring.   It is such a rare beautiful stone.   I grew up in Shreveport, La and always wanted to go to the Crater of Diamonds State Park.   I was told you should go after a big rain.  It is definitely on the list.   What a treat that would be, especially if I found a diamond!!!  Have you ever found one?  Best, Peyton

yea that is when you go after a big rain.  they bring in the dozers and plow up the fields and all the muck comes to the surface including the diamonds.  I have never found one but people find them almost every day.  Are you a LSU fan?  

good talking to you.

QVC Community

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@IamDoodles

yea that is when you go after a big rain.  they bring in the dozers and plow up the fields and all the muck comes to the surface including the diamonds.  I have never found one but people find them almost every day.  Are you a LSU fan?  

good talking to you.

@IamDoodles  I am a LSU fan.  My sister and Goddaughter both went there as well as lots of friends.  My Great Nephew's bedroom is decorated totally in LSU stuff..  I am definitely going to put Crater of Diamonds State Park on the list of must do's.  Maybe next time I go to Shreveport to visit my Mom.  Thanks, Peyton

Esteemed Contributor

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peyton,

You can call your weekly post whatever you want as long as you share your expertise on gemstones with us!  You're a pleasure to learn from and watch.  Keep those exotic gems and fancy cuts coming!

@Sammycat1Hi Sammycat1, I have missed being in contact with you.  Thank you very much for the kind words.  I am so luck to do what I do.  Two great passions, gems and diamonds.  This afternoon, Rick and I will have a Tennessee River Pearl Necklace.   It is a true rarity and very limited.   Hope you are doing great.  Thanks, Peyton

@Peyton_Kelley

Hey Peyton, I would have been all over that necklace, but I'm a white gold girl.  I might buy it anyway because I appreciate its rarity, elegance and simplicity.  Thanks for your hard work in bringing these special pieces to us.  

An idea:  what about a studio audience show on gemstone jewelry?  

Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the late entry.... Peyton's Gemotopia 

or Peyton's House of Gems

Trusted Contributor

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@IamDoodles

good talking to you.

@IamDoodles  I am a LSU fan.  My sister and Goddaughter both went there as well as lots of friends.  My Great Nephew's bedroom is decorated totally in LSU stuff..  I am definitely going to put Crater of Diamonds State Park on the list of must do's.  Maybe next time I go to Shreveport to visit my Mom.  Thanks, Peyton

I am a 'Bama fan but don't hold that against me.  We're in the best conference.

It would be super cool if you did some filming if you go to Crater of Diamonds and then show some footage on QVC.  Since it is the only operating diamond mine in North America and the only one open to the public, I bet the viewers would get a kick out of it.  I'm just sayin.  Always good talking to you.

Respected Contributor

In The Loupe with Peyton?

I love watching you and am eager for more on gems and on your travels!!

QVC Community

@libbyannE wrote:

In The Loupe with Peyton?

I love watching you and am eager for more on gems and on your travels!!

@libbyannE   Hi LibbyAnnE, I love that name and hadn't thought of it.   Thank you for the kind words and I look forward to any suggestions for things to talk about.  Best, Peyton

QVC Community

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@Peyton_Kelley wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peyton,

You can call your weekly post whatever you want as long as you share your expertise on gemstones with us!  You're a pleasure to learn from and watch.  Keep those exotic gems and fancy cuts coming!

@Sammycat1Hi Sammycat1, I have missed being in contact with you.  Thank you very much for the kind words.  I am so luck to do what I do.  Two great passions, gems and diamonds.  This afternoon, Rick and I will have a Tennessee River Pearl Necklace.   It is a true rarity and very limited.   Hope you are doing great.  Thanks, Peyton

@Peyton_Kelley

Hey Peyton, I would have been all over that necklace, but I'm a white gold girl.  I might buy it anyway because I appreciate its rarity, elegance and simplicity.  Thanks for your hard work in bringing these special pieces to us.  

An idea:  what about a studio audience show on gemstone jewelry?  

@Sammycat1  Hi SammyCat1,  Thank you for the kind words and the support.  I love the idea of a studio audience for gems.   I'll ask the powers around here and let you know what they say.  Have a great Saturday.  Best, Peyton

QVC Community

@perfumera De La Luz wrote:

Sorry for the late entry.... Peyton's Gemotopia 

or Peyton's House of Gems

@perfumera De La Luz

Hi, I love both names and will put those in the list.   I'm not sure who the judges are but probably webbie and E.   Best, Peyton