Respected Contributor

Personalized Necklace From a Few Weeks Ago

A few weeks ago I ordered the personalized name necklace that was available in sterling silver or yellow goldtone.  The wait for it was about six weeks.  I received it the other day, and it's in the wrong metal tone.  Ordered silver, arrived in gold.  Anyone else have this error happen?  Obviously, I'm going to return it.  Just curious if it happened to anyone else.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Personalized Necklace From a Few Weeks Ago

As a matter of fact, mine was wrong too.  It was supposed to be gold and it came in silver.  Called CS for a replacement.  Received it yesterday and it is still wrong.  This time it came in rose gold.   Am sending it back for a full replacement.  I ordered another one for my daughter which I have not received yet.  I hope that one is correct.  

Honored Contributor

I remember I ordered a jewelry item from Joan Boyce on HSN.  I orderd twice and each time the box had the  right color I ordered on the box and each time it was the wrong color on the inside.  After the second time I lost interest and called customer and sent it back and cancelled.  It was very frustrating, especially since shipping was slow.This is the only time this had happen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

A few weeks ago I ordered the personalized name necklace that was available in sterling silver or yellow goldtone.  The wait for it was about six weeks.  I received it the other day, and it's in the wrong metal tone.  Ordered silver, arrived in gold.  Anyone else have this error happen?  Obviously, I'm going to return it.  Just curious if it happened to anyone else.

@BarbiHollywood   I think you're mentioning the same necklace I ordered in silver. I haven't recieved mine yet. I have rec'd many emails re: delays. I hope in comes in the next week. It really isn't worth the wait for some items. 

Occasional Visitor

Hi, I just received 2 of these necklaces today for my daughters. They are very cute however, I had the same issue. I ordered both in yellow and they both came as rose tone. When I called CS they said they will send me new ones and to keep the rose since it's personalized. Fingers crossed they come in the correct color.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I remember I ordered a jewelry item from Joan Boyce on HSN.  I orderd twice and each time the box had the  right color I ordered on the box and each time it was the wrong color on the inside.  After the second time I lost interest and called customer and sent it back and cancelled.  It was very frustrating, especially since shipping was slow.This is the only time this had happen.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking.  Waited so long for it...it's wrong...and come to think of it, the font is kinda small.  Ehh, maybe I'll just return it for a refund.  Customer Service did tell me that it was sent to me directly from the vendor so the error is on the vendor.  I told Customer Service that when Pottery Barn makes a mistake, they let you keep the item AND they resend out a corrected item.  Since these were personalized necklaces, I wonder if that's what they'll tell me.

Respected Contributor

@avrilp wrote:

Hi, I just received 2 of these necklaces today for my daughters. They are very cute however, I had the same issue. I ordered both in yellow and they both came as rose tone. When I called CS they said they will send me new ones and to keep the rose since it's personalized. Fingers crossed they come in the correct color.

Ohhhh, they told you to keep the necklaces??  Wow!  That's exactly what I "suggested" they do (see my previous post - I told them Pottery Barn does that).  I will call back tomorrow to see what they tell me.  I hope your daughters enjoy their necklaces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BarbiHollywood   I orderedmy personalized necklaces seems like forever ago and came yesterday...in yellow gold!! The order and shipping slip inside the pkg. clearly says sterling silver. What's up with these people that orders cannot be correct? I waited so long, rec'd. emails about delays in shipping, etc. and then it comes in the wrong color?

Not reordering. They can keep all their gold, rose gold and silver necklaces. They'll never be seen "as is" because they have our names on it. That's a big financial loss and a lot of money wasted by QVC. Certainly that huge mistake will be passed on to us in the costs of other items.

Honored Contributor

It seems many, if not all, of these were sent in the wrong color. I haven't worn gold jewelry in years and even if CS told me to keep it, I don't want it...can't even give it to someone else with MY name on it. Bummer!!!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   I don't know what happened with quality control at the vendor but they made many big mistakes with something that was so simple.  QVC is allowing me to keep the goldtone necklace and they have reordered the silver one for me.  We'll see what happens.