Highlighted
Super Contributor

The pearls that are cut in half so they are not so bulky when resting your wrists on table. I saw these many years ago and have been wanting them since then.  The pearls are then placed one a backing like silver or another metal and then strung together.  They are truly beautiful AND comfortable to wear. They lay beautifully on the wrist , not bulky.  I have pearl bracelets but usually don't wear them because they are not comfy.  Anyone see anything like these???

Honored Contributor

Re: Pearl bracelet that cut ...

@plmokn wrote:

The pearls that are cut in half so they are not so bulky when resting your wrists on table. I saw these many years ago and have been wanting them since then.  The pearls are then placed one a backing like silver or another metal and then strung together.  They are truly beautiful AND comfortable to wear. They lay beautifully on the wrist , not bulky.  I have pearl bracelets but usually don't wear them because they are not comfy.  Anyone see anything like these???

@plmokn  Just remember w/ pearls and silver, when silver tarnishes, it cannot be dipped in any solution to clean because of damage to pearls. A cleaning cloth must be used. I haven’t seen that particular bracelet, but if pearls are flat on one side like a cab stone, they may be mobe pearls.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Could be coin pearls, too. I own a coin pearl line bracelet and they are bezel-set in stainless steel so it never tarnishes. I found it at small local jewelry store here. At first I thought the pearls were MOP but when I looked closer they are indeed coin pearls. The seller confirmed that also.Woman Happy

This one is sterling but it looks very similar to my stainless one except on mine there is a large spring-ring clasp.

download (1).jpg

Super Contributor

Have a look at J334172 - honora button pearl bracelet.  These

pearls are generally flat on the back and then they sit into a

setting??  Hope that helps.

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@plmokn wrote:

@plmokn  Just remember w/ pearls and silver, when silver tarnishes, it cannot be dipped in any solution to clean because of damage to pearls. A cleaning cloth must be used. I haven’t seen that particular bracelet, but if pearls are flat on one side like a cab stone, they may be mobe pearls.

Yes you are right.  These pieces just have to be kept in an airtight container with those anitarnish papers.  

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Could be coin pearls, too. I own a coin pearl line bracelet and they are bezel-set in stainless steel so it never tarnishes. I found it at small local jewelry store here. At first I thought the pearls were MOP but when I looked closer they are indeed coin pearls. The seller confirmed that also.Woman Happy

This one is sterling but it looks very similar to my stainless one except on mine there is a large spring-ring clasp.

download (1).jpg

I've never heard of coin pearls...will look into it . Thank you.

Super Contributor

@kiwi55 wrote:

Have a look at J334172 - honora button pearl bracelet.  These

pearls are generally flat on the back and then they sit into a

setting??  Hope that helps.

These are almost what I need.  They still look pretty much like full pearls that are not cut in half.  I just need a dearly flat pearl, half a pearl.  But that item is sooooo close.  Thank you so much

Respected Contributor

You might check over on ebay. I did a quick search and found some including this one. Just do a "half pearl bracelet search" Have fun!

Liz-Claiborne-Bracelet-Goldtone-Starfish-With-Faux-Half-Pearls

Liz Claiborne Bracelet Goldtone Starfish With Faux Half Pearls