Honored Contributor

I don't watch any other shopping channels - I can barely keep up here!

But I am a Paula Deen fan. She has done a lot of good things for people in the southeast.

Maybe you have noticed she always wears a gold ring on her thumb. I read years ago that Jamie put it on her and she won't take it off. I thought that was so sweet.

DD did a paper on her in college for a psychology course. Her topic was agoraphobia, which Paula once had. DD also included how she recovered from it and the difference it made in her life. I learned a lot when DD was telling me about it! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I assume this is the Paula Deen who used to have cooking shows.

When I saw the title, "Paula Deen Jewelry", I immediately thought of the macaroni necklaces children make and wondered if it was weird enough to actually sell!  SMH  

Honored Contributor

Ladies be cautious when you look at a line that a celebrity endorses which is outside of their area.

Personally, I'd wonder how food preparation enables her to design jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Usually popular personalities will venture out of their comfort zone to strike while the iron is hot.   Didn't think PD had any fans anymore. Maybe she ran out of cooking fans.

I follow JTV on Facebook.   On the post announcing the shows, there were VERY few  positive remarks.   But that's Facebook.

I don't want any more "fashion" jewelry

I'd rather have one genuine piece than a dozen faux  pieces.

Trusted Contributor

I'd be willing to bet PD is just putting her name and salesmanship skills on a line of fashion jewelry.  I don't believe for a minute she is suddenly a jewelry designer.

Trusted Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

I'd be willing to bet PD is just putting her name and salesmanship skills on a line of fashion jewelry.  I don't believe for a minute she is suddenly a jewelry designer.

Maybe not a designer but a representative.  Her jewelry is moderately priced.

Give her a break.  She jewelryspeaks and isn't that what we're doing here?

Paula Deen.jpgnautical bracelet.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

Maybe not a designer but a representative.  Her jewelry is moderately priced.

Give her a break.  She jewelryspeaks and isn't that what we're doing here?

Paula Deen.jpgnautical bracelet.jpg

I'm not knocking her trying to make a living.  I just don't believe she designed that jewelry.  If she is just repping it, I stated I believed that was the case.  I looked at her merch on JTV.  Not for me, but for those who like it, have at it.

Honored Contributor

I will say she has always had an overabundance of brass. . .    No thanks.

Respected Contributor
Well, she *must* have fans, or her cookware wouldn't still be all over the place. Apparently, QVC isn't the only game in town. DH and I were at Home Depot not too long ago, and some of her pretty pricey cookware sets were there. And Wayfair is still selling "her" lol furniture. Then there's Amazon, with her surprisingly well-reviewed cookware.

She also has a TV program, Positively Paula, which premiered a few years ago, and is still being produced. The scenery was nice, and I enjoyed seeing her home, where it's filmed, and pets. And she kept "the raunch" in check. (PD can be VERY raunchy.😬)

I don't like clunky jewelry, so I don't like hers, but she's hardly the only one, even on QVC, to put her name on a line she doesn't design--and "designing" can be very loosely interpreted, anyway.

Sure, she still has fans, and outlets (not just Ollie's--alongside Rachel Ray's lol) selling her stuff. Those in the business of making money aren't going to keep popular merchandise off the shelves for long.

What worries you masters you.