Honored Contributor

Re: Paul Deasy on HSN Tonight

@lmt wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

I wonder if wife Judy will be joining him (or selling her wares on HSN soon).

@seaBreeze 

I wish she would come back as a host on QVC.  Judy was always polished and professional. She puts some of the other hosts to shame!

Judy wouldn't fit in with the current Q crowd.  They'd soon be telling her to yell and scream and hop around the set.

Beware of Paul's wares.  His gemstones are poor quality and, unlike other major jewelry vendors, you have no recourse if something breaks or you lose a stone.  He doesn't stand behind his product.  I've gotten opals from Paul, Dallas Prince and Michael Valatutti.  I returned all except Michael's.  There was little color in the others.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Anyone know what his TS is going to be?

I think it's a ring...choice of opal or turq. Has Tanzanite and white zircon accents.

paul-deasy-gem-oval-gem-tanzanite-and-white-zircon-ring-d-2018091715445157_628641_alt4.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Oliveria wrote:

Yea i am happy i have some of Paul pieces.  I only to tape his show.

I hope he has more opals on.   

I have a really nice carneilian beaded necklace with an enhancer.  It is really pretty and the way the beads are faceted they sparkle.  I have had it for a couple years now and it still sparkles.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@newname0 

It's false.   Just 23 hours ago on her Facebook pg., Judy C. posted a lovely video of her and Paul.  I would say they are not divorcing, unless she posted an old video to throw everyone off. 

I agree that video is dated the 9th and they were at a wedding.  They always look happy.  They always seem to be smiling and laughing.  Nice couple to watch.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

I wonder if wife Judy will be joining him (or selling her wares on HSN soon).

@seaBreeze 

I wish she would come back as a host on QVC.  Judy was always polished and professional. She puts some of the other hosts to shame!

Judy wouldn't fit in with the current Q crowd.  They'd soon be telling her to yell and scream and hop around the set.

Beware of Paul's wares.  His gemstones are poor quality and, unlike other major jewelry vendors, you have no recourse if something breaks or you lose a stone.  He doesn't stand behind his product.  I've gotten opals from Paul, Dallas Prince and Michael Valatutti.  I returned all except Michael's.  There was little color in the others.

@Kachina624That's very true. Judy would never fit in with the new regime on QVC.

I have a few pieces of Paul's jewelry and I only had one problem. I bought one of his Ethiopian opal rings and about 2 years later, the opal turned yellow and lost all the color. I have many Ethiopian (and Australian) opals and have never had this happen. I watched a little bit of his show at midnight and he still strikes me as so pompous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt,

Your opal description sounds like it has lost its color because it has lost its water content. Just place it in water for five minutes then take it out and the color will return slowly. Ethiopian opals are hydrophane which means they porous and will absorb water.  I store my Ethiopian opal bracelet in water. That will not damage the opals but it will make them lose color temporarily.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@lmt,

Your opal description sounds like it has lost its color because it has lost its water content. Just place it in water for five minutes then take it out and the color will return slowly. Ethiopian opals are hydrophane which means they porous and will absorb water.  I store my Ethiopian opal bracelet in water. That will not damage the opals but it will make them lose color temporarily.

@SilleeMee 

My Ethiopian opal didn't just lose the pretty red, blue and green fire - it went from a translucent stone to completely yellow. I soaked it in water and it did nothing. Maybe I got a bad stone? I don't know.

Opal is my birthstone and I've been wearing them for over 30 years. I've never had any trouble with any of my other opal jewelry, either Australian or Ethiopian.

Honored Contributor

I can't say either of them are people I would tune to see.  I'm not saying anything bad against them, just not my cup of tea. 

Trusted Contributor

I checked out Paul's jewelry show last night.  I was disappointed in his pieces.  They were all on the small side and just seemed kind of plain Jane to me - nothing special.  I don't think of him as pompous - it's funny how we all see others differently.  He and Judy seem very happy together in their weekly videos and there is no indication that they are splitting up.  I enjoy watching the both of them sell jewelry together.

Trusted Contributor

It seems he's. Getting a lot more money for his jewelry that at evine. Maybe that's why he left. I do know they live in florida.