Honored Contributor

Re: Paul Deasy is going back to ShopHQ

@Tique wrote:

@Shelbelle   Victoria Wieck was at Evine before Paul left. She has been there even longer than I thought.

Will VW replace PD 

Probably so, but when he left I called her the new 3rd Amigo. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So full of himself... can not stand him.   As far as Dan Dennis... OMG!  Do not even get me started with that train wreck.... They both need to retire to somewhere far far away.

Honored Contributor

I doubt that he left ShopHQ voluntarily.  He left along with some other long time vendors, when ShopHQ was restructuring itself.  He'd been there for a while, Judy had her separate jewelry line there.  He never became much of a factor at HSN.  It was like they took him but didn't need him or know what to do with him.  So, as ShopHQ restructures itself again, they bringing him back.  

Honored Contributor

I still believe Paul left Evine voluntarily. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

None of us really know what went on behind the scenes....

from the company's perspective or the vendors.  Each makes business decisions based on information we don't have full access to.   Vendors switch channels to get access to different customers or imporve their contract terms.   Shopping channels make business decisions based on the sales and profits related to that particular vendor as well as overall considerations.  Personalities, flexibility, product returns, and lots of other factors can play into the decision for the vendor or the shopping channel.

It's interesting to speculate.  But when we don't have key info.... our conclusions can be wrong.   And the 'story' as to why someone left can be 'marketing' and leave out important criteria they used in making the decsion.   If you worked for a company that was losing money and you were concerned about the future of your arrangement with them,  and you saw another opportunity that looked better....would you take it?    And when someone moves from in front of the TV to behind the scenes,  we have no idea how successful they are or not!   We tend to think that because someone was on camera we know all about them and are entitled to continue to have all the details of their lives.   The shopping channels and social media have created expectatons .....  that don't represent the way the entire world operates.  Smiley Happy  We have no idea where else a vendor's product is being sold,  as the 'name' we know might not be publically associated with the product.

Trusted Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

I seem to think he STARTED on Q, Then HSN, then ShopHQ, then HSN now back to ShopHQ?

OY VEY!

I thought he started at HSN, then got divorced and moved to QVC.  That's when he started wearing his leather "Indiana Jones" style hat.  He married Judy Crowell while at QVC.

As a vendor, I thought his jewelry looked like "leftovers" that he got from close-out sales, then re-sold them.  He didn't have a particular "style,"  just a little bit of this and that.

My favorite jewelry vendor is Chuck Clemency.  I love his jewelry and his sense of humor.  The hosts and other vendors always seem to have so much fun when they do special shows out-of-town.

Honored Contributor

Correct, Paul started with HSN, there for a long time as host, divorced, moved to PA where he his from, met Judy and the rest is history. 

Super Contributor

when will he debut on shop HQ again?. liked the three amigos too. 

Honored Contributor

Some of these vendors bounce around the shopping channels the way actors bounce from soap opera to soap opera.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Many years ago I use to watch Paul on HSN during the early morning hours. At the time I did not know much about gems so I did learn quite a bit from him back then. Shortly thereafter I started paying more attention to jewelry shows in general but I have to admit it was Paul who got me started and since then I haven't really stopped buying gems...I've just become more picky about them.