Respected Contributor

Re: Paul Deasy is going back to ShopHQ

I seem to think he STARTED on Q, Then HSN, then ShopHQ, then HSN now back to ShopHQ?

OY VEY!

Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of Paul.  There is just something about him that reminds me of a stereotypical used car salesman.  

Esteemed Contributor

Something about his voice, I just can't take hearing it for very long but doesn't matter because the jewelry he presents doesn't appeal to me anyway.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree   Interesting!  I wonder if ShopHQ is phasing out the Gem Insider?  Paul Deasy's merchandise and the Gem Insider's were sort of along the same lines.  I bought only one piece of Paul Deasy merchandise - it's a kingman turquoise pendant accented with blue sapphire in yellow vermeil.  It's pretty and unusual.

Thank you for the head's up!  I also enjoy the 3 Amigos & will be looking forward to seeing the jewelry pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoonieBaby wrote:

I seem to think he STARTED on Q, Then HSN, then ShopHQ, then HSN now back to ShopHQ?

OY VEY!

He started on HSN, lived in FL, married had 2 kids there, split from his wife, so he moved to PA where he was from, went to the Q as host, met Judy Crowell there, rest is history. 

Honored Contributor

It was fellow host, Dan Dennis on HSN who was a gem expert, that mentored Paul into the gem biz. Paul and Lynn Murphy did the HSN morning show together, and they did have great chemistry, they were both from PA, she from Philly and he from Pittsburgh. He always teased her but in a nice way. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Count me as possibly the only Paul Deasy fan on this board.  I was very disappointed when they canned him from Evine.  I liked the Three Amigos schtick.  I'm not a real forgiving person and my purchases from them have dropped way off, in fashion as well as jewelry.  I didn't buy the most from him, he was #3 after Michael and then Chuck.  Paul was the one who started my rewarding career as a jewelry collector.  He was on our CBS channel with HSN in the middle of the night in the mid nineties.  I had severe insomnia at the time. Then we got cable in our area and the floodgates of QVC and the rest opened up.  To those who think I need counseling, lighten up.  This place is supposed to be fun, not so serious.  

@depglass   I'm a fan of Paul's also. Have been for years.

Regarding Evine's canning him, I didn't get that impression. I thought he chose to leave - to return to HSN. Shortly after that decision, Qurate told over HSN and he never got a chance.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

He did choose to leave SHQ on his own. He and Judy live in FL, so he wanted to try his luck at HSN again. Only this time as a vendor, not a host. 

Honored Contributor

Not long after Deasy left SHQ, they took on Victoria Wieck, because i kept saying, she was the new 3rd Amigo. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle   Victoria Wieck was at Evine before Paul left. She has been there even longer than I thought.

Will VW replace PD 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~