Re: Paul Deasy Leaving HSN again!

That man is an arrogant sleeze ball.

Always just wanted to slap that smirk right off his face

whenever I saw him on Evine.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

They've not been on jtv yet. Wonder what's next for these two. After they both scopp up ALL of their unsold goods from three shopping channels, maybe they'll open up their own store.

@PINKdogWOOD.  I believe Judy was on JTV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think whatever the plan was,  it just never worked out for them at HSN.  It's almost like he was never on HSN at all after the announcement.  Even his Evine line was no big deal, he didn't sell anything special.  They do that FB program on Sundays.  I do recall hearing that they are starting a business that isn't about jewelry or gemstones. I think it has something to do with travel but I'm not sure about that.

@chrystaltree.  Paul really didn't fit in at HSN since the have Jay King fully entrenched there.  Paul has been more or less copying Jay with his roving gem hunter persona.  I bet Jay didn't greet him with open arms.

Honored Contributor

@gigy wrote:

I have always thought Paul was a bit arrogant and I think Judy is much more talented and better designer. His designs are ho hum boring and nothing special.

@gigy.  Paul has never said he designs what he sells.  I'm guessing his goods were bought at trade shows by Evine, HSN etc.  Then he sells the stuff on TV.  His traveling "gem hunter" persona is just part of his schtick.  Evine is still trying to dump Paul and Judy's jewelry so they presumably own them.  Neither of them is a bona fide trained jewelry designer.

Contributor

That's where he is now leaving from. Went there a few months back from Evine. I think he and Judy want to start a website to thrir combined jewelry...to sell direct to customers. I doublt it will take off because their type of jewelry is best suited to a shopping channel.