Trusted Contributor

Re: Pat just said in the Vicenza Style show...

On 7/8/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Soooo, I'm confused, what does it mean we learned from 9/11 wear your fine jewelry. I don't get it.

That's really all she said, and then went on with the item she was presenting. I (and most everyone here) assume she MEANT that we should not lock up our good jewelry, we should wear it, because we should live day to day, we never know what's going to happen. But an analogy to 9/11 obviously hit a sore spot with me, very disrespectful IMO. If that's what she meant, she should have just said so instead of making an off the cuff reference to one of the worst days in history.
Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 gardensla said:

It might not have been the ideal example, but the sentiment is spot on. You never know what tomorrow will bring so might as well enjoy today and stop saving things for "occasions" that may never come.

I absolutely agree and really, I think that's all she meant... They're job is to sell and they can't always do it in a way that's going to be certain to offend no one. It just isn't possible. We all have different pressure points.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I saw and heard Pat make that remark, we know what she meant, but it was a very insensitive example. Some of the things that come out of the hosts mouths just boggle the mind. I truly believe that Pat just didn't realize fully the implication of what she said, especially relative to gold.
Trusted Contributor

I know what she meant, but she didn't think before opening her mouth. When my Aunt passed away I found a closet full of clothes with the tags still on - she was "saving" them. Enjoy what you have now while you can.
Trusted Contributor

I liked what she said. I knew exactly what she meant. Many feel that day changed the world, changed everything.

Super Contributor

On 7/8/2014 lizzief said:
On 7/8/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Soooo, I'm confused, what does it mean we learned from 9/11 wear your fine jewelry. I don't get it.

That's really all she said, and then went on with the item she was presenting. I (and most everyone here) assume she MEANT that we should not lock up our good jewelry, we should wear it, because we should live day to day, we never know what's going to happen. But an analogy to 9/11 obviously hit a sore spot with me, very disrespectful IMO. If that's what she meant, she should have just said so instead of making an off the cuff reference to one of the worst days in history.

Thanks Lizzie, ok I see where she was going now...things that make you say hmmmm, not a good comparison. Thanks again.

Trusted Contributor

I know exactly what Pat means. And she is correct, we don't know when we are going to die. It is a little harsh but so what...? Sell sell sell. What do you expect from a shopping channel? Leave her alone.
Contributor

On 7/8/2014 ennui1 said:

Well, at least Pat isn't wearing a Band-aid on her finger. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

You have a sly sense of humor! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

Fabby, I know exactly what you mean.
Honored Contributor

Pat WHO ?????