Honored Contributor

Re: Pat just said in the Vicenza Style show...

Oh, good grief. People reference "9/11" in all kinds away. Are we supposed to pretend it just happened last week? It's just another way of saying that none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. So, we should all pack as much living and joy into the NOW. Yes indeed, that is one of the lessons that 9/11 taught us. I'm sure survivors and those who lost someone close to them would agree.

Respected Contributor

I didn't hear what Pat said, but if she really did say that.......{#emotions_dlg.blink}

I think her heart was in the right place, so I think I'll just leave it at that.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Fabby said: I was 4 blocks from the Twin Towers, in the debris zone, unable to get out of the city to go home for three days. There is NOTHING about fine jewelery to do with that day. NOTHING.

But everything to remember about living life, and how quickly it can be taken from the innocent. Oklahoma City had a bombing and Moore has had tornadoes not so far away from me, and I just think all those things should remind us all of how trivial many things we stew over are. Enjoy every breath. Shouldn't that be the takeaway here? Does it REALLY matter what she said?

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't think her comments are a big deal, we all know how she meant that.

Regular Contributor

On 7/8/2014 bbluvr said:
On 7/8/2014 Sooner said:

If we learned one thing from 9/11 it would be to celebrate every day, enjoy our blessings while we have them, and treasure what we have--people, jobs, houses, yeah and jewelry. To me, making something out of what she said is NOT the way to enjoy and celebrate life. Quite the opposite. It is just making something out of nothing, and being negative about it.

Well put.

I agree too!
Trusted Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Sooner said:
On 7/8/2014 Fabby said: I was 4 blocks from the Twin Towers, in the debris zone, unable to get out of the city to go home for three days. There is NOTHING about fine jewelery to do with that day. NOTHING.

But everything to remember about living life, and how quickly it can be taken from the innocent. Oklahoma City had a bombing and Moore has had tornadoes not so far away from me, and I just think all those things should remind us all of how trivial many things we stew over are. Enjoy every breath. Shouldn't that be the takeaway here? Does it REALLY matter what she said?

Absolutely! To toss around that reference in such a trivial manner? You bet! Again, what she meant and what she said, two very different things.
Respected Contributor

Thank goodness, no BandAid.

I am sure she meant to say something like "Life's short, eat dessert first". But the reference to 911 hits a sore spot that will never heal with many Americans, and is better left unsaid. Pat should know better.

And as for Joan Rivers, "Cruelty and vulgarity are never a substitute for wit".

Trusted Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Perkup said:

Thank goodness, no BandAid.

I am sure she meant to say something like "Life's short, eat dessert first". But the reference to 911 hits a sore spot that will never heal with many Americans, and is better left unsaid. Pat should know better.

And as for Joan Rivers, "Cruelty and vulgarity are never a substitute for wit".

Oh Geez, please don't open up that door again!
Super Contributor

Soooo, I'm confused, what does it mean we learned from 9/11 wear your fine jewelry. I don't get it.

Esteemed Contributor

After all these years on the Q - she always seems so nervous. And the voice - can't watch.