Regular Contributor

Re: Pat just said in the Vicenza Style show...

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe she would use 9/11 to sell jewelry. Maybe they should put that flag tote in the show and call it a day.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/8/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Whats wrong with saying that?

I'm a saver by nature,I buy and save everything, for some unknown reason and never get to really enjoy my purchases.

Now, I'm 77 .I bought lots of expensive jewelry from the Q yrs ago when the Q was new.I was a widow filling my emptiness. I was robbed and never got to wear it. In the following years, I rebought it all.Now it just lays in a draw.

I have started wearing it a little.I especially like braclets so I am wearing an armful of them that I never take off. ( Thanks Shawn)

I don't buy much jewelry anymore because I don't go anywhere to wear it or really desire it but I do intend to start to branch out and wear the jewelry I have before I die.................lol I also have a room full of clothing and shoes and handbags,some that I was saving for a "special occasion" that will never happen and if it does I will most likely go "store" shopping for something special to wear.Like I did for grandsons wedding...lol I have started giving a lot to my dear working daughter and a very special granddaughter..

I probably am a hoarder.

So,Pat is so right. Wear it now don't save for a day that probably will never come!!!!

And if she had said that, it would have been fine. But an analogy to 9/11? Very poor taste, IMO!
Super Contributor

On 7/8/2014 colliegirls said:

A poor analogy but she surely meant that we should wear and enjoy our jewelry all of our lives, not save it for special occasions.

This. I knew what she meant. We all say things before we think. Grace.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/8/2014 lizzief said:
On 7/8/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Whats wrong with saying that?

I'm a saver by nature,I buy and save everything, for some unknown reason and never get to really enjoy my purchases.

Now, I'm 77 .I bought lots of expensive jewelry from the Q yrs ago when the Q was new.I was a widow filling my emptiness. I was robbed and never got to wear it. In the following years, I rebought it all.Now it just lays in a draw.

I have started wearing it a little.I especially like braclets so I am wearing an armful of them that I never take off. ( Thanks Shawn)

I don't buy much jewelry anymore because I don't go anywhere to wear it or really desire it but I do intend to start to branch out and wear the jewelry I have before I die.................lol I also have a room full of clothing and shoes and handbags,some that I was saving for a "special occasion" that will never happen and if it does I will most likely go "store" shopping for something special to wear.Like I did for grandsons wedding...lol I have started giving a lot to my dear working daughter and a very special granddaughter..

I probably am a hoarder.

So,Pat is so right. Wear it now don't save for a day that probably will never come!!!!

And if she had said that, it would have been fine. But an analogy to 9/11? Very poor taste, IMO!

actually, I didn't see the show

Honored Contributor

If we learned one thing from 9/11 it would be to celebrate every day, enjoy our blessings while we have them, and treasure what we have--people, jobs, houses, yeah and jewelry. To me, making something out of what she said is NOT the way to enjoy and celebrate life. Quite the opposite. It is just making something out of nothing, and being negative about it.

Super Contributor

Well, at least Pat isn't wearing a Band-aid on her finger. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Super Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Sooner said:

If we learned one thing from 9/11 it would be to celebrate every day, enjoy our blessings while we have them, and treasure what we have--people, jobs, houses, yeah and jewelry. To me, making something out of what she said is NOT the way to enjoy and celebrate life. Quite the opposite. It is just making something out of nothing, and being negative about it.

Well put.

Respected Contributor

That was a thoughtless remark. One of my pet peeves are the commercials that put actors in uniforms and exploit our service men and women in order to sell their product. Nothing patriotic about that.
Trusted Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Sooner said:

And I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT that using 9/11 as an analogy to sell jewelry is not nothing or me being negative - it is just simply poor taste. A person in her job should know better. Sorry, every host puts their foot in their mouth from time to time, but I can't let this one slide.
Valued Contributor

Personally, I would have rather heard her say something like, "Life is too short! Wear and enjoy your beautiful jewelry often instead of leaving it in your jewelry box. ". She didn't need to bring up an event that still brings so much pain to so many, IMO.