Honored Contributor

Re: Paris Hilton's Engagement Ring

I don't think she's as dumb as people think either. I also think it's great that she waited as long as she did to get married. I'm sure she had plenty of other opportunities, so it appears she must really love this guy. I hope it works out well.

The ring was probably on 200, 000 payments of Easy Pay.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Too big for my taste. She could really hurt someone with it if she wanted to!

Honored Contributor

They obviously used the marriage proposal as a photo op, which seems ridiculous to me.  I don't watch or read about celebrity news, but I haven't heard much about her in ages.  I honestly think the ring is too big.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Ridiculous and watch out wearing it.  Thieves are everywhere.

@Katcat1: I'll bet the original is in a vault somewhere, and she's wearing a fake copy of it, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Alexa Ray Joel, Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley's daughter, just got engaged. 

I think her ring is very pretty. 

alexa-ray-engagement-a.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@handygal2   Do you know how many people could be fed with that money and she has to have this huge diamond which serves what purpose?  I am rich?  I am a practical person and I believe you should buy what you want with your money but this is so unnecessary.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1  Agree. I understand wealth is relative but it's difficult to make an argument for indulgence in this case.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21,

I admit that only know the hotels not her; however your hypothesis falls into her modus operandi🌻

Honored Contributor

were people saying the same thing when burton gave taylor a 33 carat diamond ring?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I googled a picture of the ring and found this.

From Top Ten Most Expensive Engagements (Top Ten Findings dot com)

Paris Latsis, Paris Hilton’s ex-fiance, gave her a huge 24 carat white gold ring to rejoice their engagement. The ring has a rectangular diamond in the center and two triangle-cut baguettes on all side. The ring is so large and weighty that Paris says it hurts her finger. And if this wasn’t sufficient, Paris got another ring from her fiance, a 21 carat canary-diamond “I love you” ring, to symbolize their love. Afterwards, when the duo broke up, Paris sold in a public sale her $4.7 million engagement band for Katrina storm wounded.