Honored Contributor

Re: Paris Hilton's Engagement Ring

Didn't they read what happened to Kim Kardashian's honker ring?  Bye bye in a robbery.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marriage is hard. If celebrities spent as much time making sure they married the right person or making the marriage work, perhaps many more would last.

I have never envied anyone for their material possessions. It's an object and caring more about an engagement ring and its cost rather than the actual relationship defeats the entire exercise. No marriage fares well when money is the focus especially in the beginning.

I wish them the best. Hopefully, they'll pivot to what really matters. When you're going through serious difficulties, no ring will suffice. In my experience, you only get to know people and how much they care for you when you're down. I hope their commitment will pull them through the rough seas of marriage when the time comes.

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

He went to Jared's.

Respected Contributor

Does anybody really care?  That's obscene! 

Honored Contributor

Ya think maybe that proposal was staged?  Photographer just happened to be on an Aspen mountainside while she wore a star-spangled ski outfit.  I bet she handed out copies of the photo of the ring close up.

I feel sure she'll find that ring gets in her way when she scrubs floors.  Isn't she on the verge of being an old maid?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Ridiculous and watch out wearing it.  Thieves are everywhere.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

Just goes to show that having a lot money does not equal good taste.  Ugly, gaudy ring and looks fake.  I do wish her a happy marriage.

I think it's ugly and gaudy too.  I don't like it.    It looks fake.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I really like diamonds. They're my favorite stone. This ring is just too big in my opinion though. It doesn't look classy. How is she even going to fit a wedding band on her finger with a ring this big?

Honored Contributor

I wonder how much "the payments" are...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Perhaps his family has money. Perhaps he has money from other investments. You know he didn't pay the market price for the stone (the rich don't).

Paris isn't as dumb as people think; she knows business, how to invest and she's done quite well for herself on her own. People make mistakes when they're young and stupid; unfortunately, her's were published because of her family and her name.

I wish them both happiness and a joy.