Honored Contributor

Re: Paris Hilton's Engagement Ring

@Greeneyedlady21. Only in Hollywood. BTW, diamonds (when not set, no matter how large), don’t weigh much at all. It’s the setting that makes them heavy to wear...larger diamonds, more metal needed. 

Sometimes I think these women purchase their own rings. The way engagements and marriages end so quickly, especially in that group, it’s crazy to spend that much on a ring the guy may never get back.

Honored Contributor

It did not take long for the stars to forget the Kim K robbery. Where will she ever wear that ring and be safe? 

Respected Contributor

@Graciesmom wrote:

Paris' aunt is Kyle Richards of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills who just two weeks ago was robbed of ALL her and her husband's jewelry while on vacation in Aspen, including some flawless diamond earrings costing $100,000 which her husband gave to her for their 25th anniversary.  They feel it was an inside job ...  The house is being remodeled with tons of workmen around ... Security cameras were turned off because of renovation work and their dogs were at obedience school while family was away ...  Why would they not invest in a SAFE ??  The small and inconsequential jewelry I own is of sentimental value to me and I do lock away when in hotels ...  I would be upset if lost !!  Her ring looks too cocktailish !!  

@Graciesmom

It's probably Diamonique!!

Honored Contributor

Page Six says Paris directed him to go to the jeweler. He's a friend of her father. That a deal was essentially made in exchange for the publicity. Seems clear from the photos that the engagement was no surprise.

Same article also mentions two very famous wealthy men who haggled for engagement rings. Can't be mentioned here. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

For some reason that ring doesn't suit her.  She's too young for that ring, which reminds me of an older women's cocktail ring.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Perhaps his family has money. Perhaps he has money from other investments. You know he didn't pay the market price for the stone (the rich don't).

Paris isn't as dumb as people think; she knows business, how to invest and she's done quite well for herself on her own. People make mistakes when they're young and stupid; unfortunately, her's were published because of her family and her name.

I wish them both happiness and a joy.

@SahmIam Another case of Jessica Simpson. Everyone thought she was so stupid, but she has made a boatload of money. She is very good with her businesses.....I bet Paris is the same way!

Honored Contributor

I think it's gorgeous. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Perhaps his family has money. Perhaps he has money from other investments. You know he didn't pay the market price for the stone (the rich don't).

Paris isn't as dumb as people think; she knows business, how to invest and she's done quite well for herself on her own. People make mistakes when they're young and stupid; unfortunately, her's were published because of her family and her name.

I wish them both happiness and a joy.

@SahmIam

I don't think they would have even met unless his family had money.   I'm betting his parents are friends with her parents ... or the relationship would never have lasted 2 years already.

Personally, I don't mind when the wealthy spend money on things that keep that money circulating in our economy.   Big houses, big weddings, lots of money getting spread around.   Keeps the economy percolating nicely.

Honored Contributor

She must have given some help in getting that ring.  Even garden variety actors don't make that much.  By that I mean the Hilton money range.   The cost of living is extremely high in all of Southern California.  Simply because land is so costly. So even a a unknown actor will not be living in an apartment (forget a house) for $4,000.00 a month.  An engagement ring has to cost at least 2 month salary of the Fiance.  I don't really see how he can afford it.  He's virtually unknown.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

She must have given some help in getting that ring.  Even garden variety actors don't make that much.  By that I mean the Hilton money range.   The cost of living is extremely high in all of Southern California.  Simply because land is so costly. So even a a unknown actor will not be living in an apartment (forget a house) for $4,000.00 a month.  An engagement ring has to cost at least 2 month salary of the Fiance.  I don't really see how he can afford it.  He's virtually unknown.  

@songbird

Income sometimes tells us very little, over all.   He may come from a very wealthy family and/or have inherited $$$ from a rich uncle .... or whatever.