Frequent Contributor

Re: Paraiba Topaz, Evine is eating QVC's lunch

I saw those topaz that look like Paraiba, and they were a beautiful color!  They really did look like Paraiba.  I've seen it in person at wholesale gem shows, and I even have a multicolor tourmaline bracelet that has a stone that is CLOSE to Paraiba color (but it's not a true Paraiba, even at wholesale those are out of my league!) My husband is a gemstone collector and I told him to look out, if someone offers him a Paraiba that seems too good to be true it might be one of these!

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Those gems are huge and flamboyant.  If that's your taste great.  Bigger is not always better (or nicer).  I also do not like their gold overplating. 

You couldn't pay me to wear! 😣
Honored Contributor

I have several of Michael's pieces.  He has cameos that are beautiful.  I have one of his cameo rings.  I love it. 

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't believe Qvc was ever a destination store for jewelry.  Evine, regardless of whatever name they were going by always ran rings around Qvc when it came to jewelry....and nothing has changed.  It's all cubic zirconia and the same old same old here at Qvc.  I'm a jewelry collector but I never bought much from Qvc, they just never had the variety in styles or in stones.  I started with the old Shop At Home and then Snbc and JTV and lately, I've been buying some things from the LC.  

Esteemed Contributor

Michael Valitutti has always been a class act jewelry vendor. He started on The Shopping Channel in Canada more than 20 years ago and the jewelry company that he works for is Nathan Hennick which is based in Canada. If you look inside the rings or look at other jewelry there is an NH service mark on the inside of rings. He has always informed and educated customers and has always said that an informed consumer is his best customer. His jewelry doesn't skimp on metal either. I own some of his gold cz jewelry and some gold and gemstone jewelry that I bought from The Shopping Channel years ago and it has stood the test of time. I also own some of his stainless steel and cz rings and they are very hard wearing. Those are acutally my favorite as they weren't expensive and they don't show scratches on the stainless steel either.

Super Contributor

Used to buy QVC jewelry years ago - now they have nothing - everything they have is overpriced.   Michaeal V's collection is fantastic - I only buy his creations nowadays - and Evine has great sales - 50% off in some cases not like the QVC so-called sales