Honored Contributor

Re: Paperclip Necklace/Bracelet

@rms1954 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I like the style.  Jtv has the necklaces in gold.  I don't know who the original designer is but its popular.  I think it may have originated in Italy

CoCo Chanel.  She made a limited amount and Jackie O saw it and wanted one so CoCo made one for her.  Hers was a little different.

CC2898F8-5845-4EBF-B1DE-30785E10B8E2.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the pictures.  That is a pretty necklace.  Coco Chanel was amazing.  Chanel No5 is still my favorite perfume.

Honored Contributor

I bought the Ultrafine paperclip earrings, and like the fact they are adjustable.  Haven't been excited about new earrings in quite a while!

Honored Contributor

I like the look but not buying any more trendy jewelry to wear a few times

super cute though

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm looking for drop earrings with that type of link as a dangle.

@SilleeMee  ~ Check out JTV and ShopHQ.  I thought I saw a pair on the Q today.  I’m sure you’ll find a plethora to choose from.  Happy shopping!  👜👛

@AKgirl2 

I found a pair on HSN! These:

sterling-silver-paperclip-chain-drop-earrings-d-20201110112338183_9880231w.jpg

They're exactly what I was looking for. $26

https://www.hsn.com/products/sterling-silver-paperclip-chain-drop-earrings/9880231

There is also a 14K yellow gold version for $289.

Respected Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

CoCo Chanel made the paper clip necklace in a very limited number during WWII, when materials were scarce. Despite many requests through the years, Chanel refused to make the necklace again. It certainly demonstrates what a genius she was to create something so beautiful and timeless from so little, in such difficult times.
Like many of her designs, the necklace stood the test of time and was sought after by collectors and admirers, one of whom was JKO.

After years of searching,  Caroline Kennedy heard of one of the necklaces becoming available for sale. She was determined to acquire it and purchased it as a gift for her  mother.

I also heard that JKO wanted one of the original necklaces so badly that she had people on the lookout for it if one ever came up for sale.  I heard that one finally did, and JKO paid $250,000.00 for it.  

Not sure how accurate this is, I had read this somewhere a couple of years ago.  Sure would like to see a photo of the original version.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I actually like this link.  Wouldn't call it paperclip, though.  

I wouldn't either.  It just looks like a long rectangle/oval shape, depending on the item.  Would like to see what the original looks like.

Honored Contributor

I've always planned on buying a paperclip something, but never got around to it.  So when Rick showed a bracelet last night I ordered one on waitlist.  I'm hoping this will be considered classic, not trendy.  

Super Contributor

Ladies, I have been to 3 TJ Maxx stores over the past week and have seen the paperclip style necklace and bracelet at each of the stores. They are in both gold over SS and 14kt. 

May want to check your local TJ Maxx. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

I actually like this link.  Wouldn't call it paperclip, though.  

@Foxxee 

I wouldn't either, but it's a catchy name for it.  Surprised it wasn't trademarked, but since it never went into mass production, maybe it wasn't possible.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm looking for drop earrings with that type of link as a dangle.

@SilleeMee  ~ Check out JTV and ShopHQ.  I thought I saw a pair on the Q today.  I’m sure you’ll find a plethora to choose from.  Happy shopping!  👜👛

@AKgirl2 

I found a pair on HSN! These:

sterling-silver-paperclip-chain-drop-earrings-d-20201110112338183_9880231w.jpg

They're exactly what I was looking for. $26

https://www.hsn.com/products/sterling-silver-paperclip-chain-drop-earrings/9880231

There is also a 14K yellow gold version for $289.

@SilleeMee ~ Very nice!  I like that they have four sides, instead of round tube look, gives them a modern look.  Enjoy them.