Trusted Contributor

Re: Pandora for Valentine's Day!

Reva, I don't wear my bangle in the shower. As a matter of fact, I have to bring it back to the store so they can check the clasp, since it opened twice while I was wearing it. Lucky I didn't lose it. And while I'm there I'll have my charms and snake bracelet cleaned. Just in case you didn't know they clean them for free. You should treat yourself to a few Alex and ani bracelets they attract a lot of attention and the are so reasonable. I love mine and love that they are made in America!!! Enjoy whatever you decide to do.
Super Contributor

On 2/20/2014 Reva said:
On 2/20/2014 tobias said:
On 2/19/2014 Reva said:

luvtoshopathome...thanks so much for responding about the Alex & Ani bangles. I didn't get a chance to see all the charms but what I saw, they were so delicate and pretty. I have a question regarding the Pandora bangle. Do you wear yours in the shower? I just got mine in the mail and I have a very small wrist so I ordered the 6.75". I thought I would be able to slip it over my wrist without opening it but I do need to open it up. Mine has the barrel clasp and it is different than my other 2 Pandoras. I was thinking of just keeping it on all the time (I do love it!), but don't know if that's a good idea. Do any of you other ladies who own the bangle keep it on all the time...shower, sleep, etc.?) I'm able to slip my other snake bracelets over my hand and eliminate opening them up. Thanks, Reva

Reva - I would not wear it in the shower. I too have a tiny wrist and bought the smallest size but i think the bangle is easier to take on and off than the bracelet altho i haven't had problems with either one. i was actually worried about taking my new necklace on and off with the clasp but that too seems easier than the bracelet. i never wear jewelry in the shower or sleep with jewelry on but i would think any bangle would be more likely to bend if you wear it all the time.

Tobias...thanks for replying. I decided to use my guitar pick to open the bangle clasp and it seems to work fine so I will be sure to take it off each night. One other question...when you open your bangle, is the barrel clasp supposed to be loose and able to spin around? At first I thought it might be defective but I'm thinking it's supposed to be like this?? TIA. Reva

Reva- yes the barrel clasp is supposed to spin around-nothing wrong with it! enjoy your bangle ..tobi

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 tobias said:
On 2/20/2014 Reva said:
On 2/20/2014 tobias said:
On 2/19/2014 Reva said:

luvtoshopathome...thanks so much for responding about the Alex & Ani bangles. I didn't get a chance to see all the charms but what I saw, they were so delicate and pretty. I have a question regarding the Pandora bangle. Do you wear yours in the shower? I just got mine in the mail and I have a very small wrist so I ordered the 6.75". I thought I would be able to slip it over my wrist without opening it but I do need to open it up. Mine has the barrel clasp and it is different than my other 2 Pandoras. I was thinking of just keeping it on all the time (I do love it!), but don't know if that's a good idea. Do any of you other ladies who own the bangle keep it on all the time...shower, sleep, etc.?) I'm able to slip my other snake bracelets over my hand and eliminate opening them up. Thanks, Reva

Reva - I would not wear it in the shower. I too have a tiny wrist and bought the smallest size but i think the bangle is easier to take on and off than the bracelet altho i haven't had problems with either one. i was actually worried about taking my new necklace on and off with the clasp but that too seems easier than the bracelet. i never wear jewelry in the shower or sleep with jewelry on but i would think any bangle would be more likely to bend if you wear it all the time.

Tobias...thanks for replying. I decided to use my guitar pick to open the bangle clasp and it seems to work fine so I will be sure to take it off each night. One other question...when you open your bangle, is the barrel clasp supposed to be loose and able to spin around? At first I thought it might be defective but I'm thinking it's supposed to be like this?? TIA. Reva

Reva- yes the barrel clasp is supposed to spin around-nothing wrong with it! enjoy your bangle ..tobi

tobi - thanks for responding! Glad to know it's not defective! Reva

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 luvtoshopathome said: Reva, I don't wear my bangle in the shower. As a matter of fact, I have to bring it back to the store so they can check the clasp, since it opened twice while I was wearing it. Lucky I didn't lose it. And while I'm there I'll have my charms and snake bracelet cleaned. Just in case you didn't know they clean them for free. You should treat yourself to a few Alex and ani bracelets they attract a lot of attention and the are so reasonable. I love mine and love that they are made in America!!! Enjoy whatever you decide to do.
I am tempted with the Alex & Ani bracelets and will probably cave and purchase one...like you said they are priced so reasonable, especially compared to Pandora. You must have a defective clasp because mine is very hard to open and close! Yes, isn't it great that they clean your Pandora bracelets? The last time I was in the store, the girl asked if I wanted mine cleaned...luckily, I had both of them on! Of course, I said yes and she also told me to NEVER put them in regular jewelry cleaner as it will cause oxidization. Did you know that? I was very surprised to hear this but glad to know it! Thanks for all your help...Reva