Super Contributor

Hello, I was wondering if any ladies had a idea on how I could sell some pandora bracelets. I have been collecting for some eight or ten years and have many pieces that are discontinued. I know that a lot of fake pandora is being sold on ebay and collectors are suspicious of buying from ebay. I Know there are facebook pages for selling or trading pandora but they are not accepting new members. I would not be selling them but I have to come up with money for a funeral bill. Just wanted to get some ideas from you ladies. thanks

Respected Contributor

Ebay or put an add in your paper.  It's against community rules to try here.

Respected Contributor

Many reputable jeweler so buy estate jewelry. The discontinued pieces should be highly desirable ! Jewelry also take some items on consignment. They take a fee if it sells, but they display it and get plenty of lookers!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Super Contributor

I have a discontinued 18kt gold Trollbeads teddy bear that I've been trying to sell on Ebay and I can't even get the melt down cost for 18kt gold for it.  I don't want to scrap it because it's so cute.  I listed it for $100 less than the highest one listed by a jewelry house and didn't get a single hit.  Hope you can do better.

Honored Contributor

Craigslist or go to a jewelry/pawn shop were they will give you money based on the weight and/or % of silver in the metal. Take out an ad in your local paper. There are many out there looking to purchase rare/older beads; google and you'll find there forums. I know many who have done this with success.

Understand this; you will NOT get the money you put into it. Nope. The markup on jewelry is 500% and up at LEAST. Unless you are uber rich and purchase the rare stones, you are buying it because you LIKE it.

Good luck.

Super Contributor

I usually buy unique and timeless jewerly.  Through the years, I have bought some fad type jewelry, but ususally I wear it a while and then sell it when it starts to go out of style.  I learned a great lesson with Pandora.  Since I had to pay for each bead separately, I sunk much too much money into a fad piece.   Now, if I do sell mine, I will get pennies on the dollar for it,  that is if it sells at all.  Never again!

Honored Contributor

@Kcubed   Is Pandora considered a fad at this point? My mall has a gorgeous Pandora store and it's always packed.

I have one completed bracelet courtesy of my sons; they chose the beads for different occasions and each has a story as to why THAT bead was chosen. It's unique and special to me for obvious reasons. I love charm bracelets (have quite a few) so I look upon this as just another charm bracelet.

The beads are not cheap but neither are the good, well made traditional silver charms (which are getting difficult to find). In any event, it still comes down to that high mark-up; we'll never get what we paid for it should we sell.

Honored Contributor

I have several Troll bracelets.  I do not consider them a fad.  Like my charm bracelets, my Troll bracelets represent special memories. Over the years our Grands have gifted me with many charms. My husband purchased my first Troll bracelet in Denmark (where they originated) when we were on vacation.

Never buy a piece of jewelry with a goal that you will someday sell it for more than you paid. With the exception of the bounty many of us made when gold escalated, you will be lucky if you get a third of what you paid.

Valued Contributor

If you want to sell the bracelets fast you can always offer them for sale on ebay with all the charms on them. A lot of people buy "complete" bracelets in order to take them apart and resell the beads individually on ebay. A time-consuming process. But I've heard of some Pandora fans funding their Pandora purchases in this fashion. I would think that selling the bracelets through jewelry consignment stores would take a lot of time.